New/Old Anschultz Finally sighted in AND first groundhog :)

Picked up the weatherby/anshultz 17hmr quite a few years back but never did sight it in. My old Savage was the groundhog king, so many under its belt. Finally yesterday I sighted the Weatherby in at 100 yards. Then I took one shot to see my luck.

Not bad for 100 yards:

Made for a confident/easy shot today ;-)

Who else keeps their foundations from being destroyed?

That's what it's for! I like those Anschutz Weatherby's. What scope did you put on it?

Thanks guys. There really isn't anything better :)

Here is the scope

I originally mounted a Khales but it would not sight in, something was off.

yeah, big difference. I sighted in out of a vice so groups weren't on my skill. That was the first out of vice shot. It was good enough for me the next shot I took was the ground hog :)

I could post up some real groups when I get out and have some time with it if anyone has real interest :)

Nice shot, but not a group.

I love my Anshutz in .22 lr. I lost count of how many ground hogs and varmits I shot. Great rifle and scope you have there.

I picked up one of the last Anschütz .17 HMR's in left hand quite a few years ago. It was a great crow and fox rifle. I sold it when I quit hunting.

yeah, big difference. I sighted in out of a vice so groups weren't on my skill. That was the first out of vice shot. It was good enough for me the next shot I took was the ground hog :)

I could post up some real groups when I get out and have some time with it if anyone has real interest :)

I would be, nice shot tho.

Back