New Para 3 with OD green scales?

Yes please :)

Just finished these scales up! More to come! Think carbon fiber!
Love the new Para 3. Spyderco did a great job with the design. Definitely one to add to the collection and rotation if you're a PM2 fan.

My only issue with the para 3 is how much handle is after the pocket clip. Since its a small knife I would want less handle exposed from my pocket than the para 2 or manix. Over all its a good looking knife but maybe the lanyard tube should have been omitted.

My only issue with the para 3 is how much handle is after the pocket clip. Since its a small knife I would want less handle exposed from my pocket than the para 2 or manix. Over all its a good looking knife but maybe the lanyard tube should have been omitted.

Since this thread is discussing this makers scales and not the Para 3 design you could have this (or another of your choosing) maker fabricate a set of scales with no lanyard hole then install a low carry clip.
Problem solved.

Nice looking scales BTW.👍

Looks great...I wish I had the talent to do that...not to mention the tools and materials! :D

Since this thread is discussing this makers scales and not the Para 3 design you could have this (or another of your choosing) maker fabricate a set of scales with no lanyard hole then install a low carry clip.
Problem solved.

I wasn't knocking the makers scales, just suggesting a possible improvement that could be made over the original design.

Last edited:
Problem solved.

Thank you!

Yeah there's no problem with me deleting the lanyard tube. That's fine. I don't reflare out the tube for my scales. Would it give it a cleaner look? Absolutely!
Could I add in another standoff for a better construction as well as keeping the second structural spot for adding a backspacer. Absolutely.
The more I'm thinking about this, the more I want to do it because
1. Noone has done it before and who doesn't like being the first.

2. It would look really cool

Would others want it? Idk. Might have to make a poll lol

As far as the deep pocket carry clip. Mounting it is the problem. The clip screws screw into the liner. There's a lot of liner missing where the tube goes and as you said...it does occupy a lot of real-estate near the butt of the knife.
I have a few ideas around that...but I'd like to keep those really creative ideas to myself for now.

If this is a project you want to pursue pm me. Im always willing to do cool and creative things. I mean look at all my work lol. All the materials and dozens of different carbon fibers I use. All my crazy bolster designs. I like working with new material and being creative

Back