New pattern for 2016!!!!

Bill Siegle

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
I went looking for a lost tool on a low, dirty shelf in the shop and found a small picture I had drawn sometime in the last two years. I found my tool, finished my project, and grabbed some steel :) Not sure what to call this one yet. It's similar to my Jungle Knife in the handle but the blade is somewhere between a Bowie, a Bolo, and a Seax. No matter what I call it, I like it!!!!! :) Overall it is 17 1/2in long. The blade is 11 3/4inlong tip to handle. I made this from 1/4in thick 5160 with a full flat grind. The tang is drilled out to reduce the weight a bit. Scales are black G10 with a lot of sculpting so it really fits my paw. This one runs about 26oz on my scale. It's big but it's balanced out to be a great chopper and a pretty decent slasher. Like many of my designs it could be that "if I only had one" type knife.

definitely looks like a filipino inspiration to me,beautiful

That thing looks awesome!!!! How does one go about ordering? website? As soon as funds allow, I really want one of these. Looks like and awesomely powerful chopper. Would love to pair it with one of my 4 inch EDCs.

Best way is to contact me when you see something you like. I don't take orders anymore so when you see something here or posted in the knifemaker's for sale section, grab it while you can :)

Haven't tried it. I don't see any real advantage over the 5160 I already use.

Dreaming of a SEAX. The blade from below- stretched to 14", 1/2 less blade to spine, married to the handle below.
upload_2018-12-21_20-23-31.png
upload_2018-12-21_20-28-35.png
upload_2018-12-21_20-29-19.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-12-21_20-27-58.png
    upload_2018-12-21_20-27-58.png
    16 KB · Views: 2
@ Bill Siegle

Maybe 12" blade? I know makers sometimes get an itch for something they have not made before ;) I cannot think of anyone else that might do this justice.

Bill

That's Exactly the knife I want!!!
It's a User.....but still beautiful.
Are youy not going to make any more?

It's big but it's balanced out to be a great chopper and a pretty decent slasher. Like many of my designs it could be that "if I only had one" type knife.

It's big but it's balanced out to be a great chopper and a pretty decent slasher. Like many of my designs it could be that "if I only had one" type knife.

Back