New PM2

I broke down and ordered a BentoBox PM2 in Blue/M390/Black Blade. It was the last of several knives I ordered this month.

I’ve been resisting the feeling to order this one finally my weakness for the PM2’s and blue color made me give in.

Last edited:
I decided long ago I probably wasn't going to cave to exclusives. The black/blue pm2 did me in and I got one. I love it, honestly. Looks amazing and is of course a PM2, so it is a great knife already, and the m390 steel. Mine came a little tight out of the box but I just loosened the pivot a tad and all is good. I don't regret it!

Yep, I told myself “you have a awesome digital camo G10/S30v Pm2 cutting machine don’t look at the blue one.

Just kept going back again and again until I ordered it. PM2, Blue G10 and M390 steel I didn’t stand a chance in the long run I guess. I hope it’s a good one that’s the most I’ve paid for a G10 scales Spyderco in a long while.

Yep, I told myself “you have a awesome digital camo G10/S30v Pm2 cutting machine don’t look at the blue one.

Just kept going back again and again until I ordered it. PM2, Blue G10 and M390 steel I didn’t stand a chance in the long run I guess. I hope it’s a good one that’s the most I’ve paid for a G10 scales Spyderco in a long while.

OH I told myself the same thing. My standard black/s30 pm2 was just fine. The black and blue though... Its really good looking! A bit more than I wanted to pay for a PM2, but when you get it you'll see... It is certainly a good one. Like I said I had to do a little tuning on the pivot, but other than that it's great!

There is a long thread on the Spyderco forum with a lot of complaining about the fit, finish and function of the knife. I gotta say mine came perfect. Centered, great action, beautiful...

I too got weak and also after visiting the Bentobox Exclusive pm 2 blue/black m390 I waffled back to the old school m390 stonewash new stock .The last run of Para 2’s and Para 3’s I’ve got in the last year have been spot with fit and finish . They normally always come tight but easy fix with a little adjustment.

My PM2 blue/M390 is in the mail system right now when it arrives I’ll post some pics.

Also Just got a shipping notice on mine so I’m guessing it should be in route by this evening :thumbsup:
That was fast since I just ordered late last night .

There is a long thread on the Spyderco forum with a lot of complaining about the fit, finish and function of the knife. I gotta say mine came perfect. Centered, great action, beautiful...

I think there was only 2 of us who had issues... Me, and mine just needed the pivot loosened a hair. Another guy had his so tight it took 2 hands to open and close it, and he couldn't get it to loosen up even with the pivot screws nearly all the way out. So that's one out of how many that is having problems.

Of course, I would open the knife up and see what the problem is, but not everyone is comfortable with that.

Mine is great though. After adjusting it it is as slick as my standard pm2. Sounds a little different and feels a little different than the standard, but that's from the dlc coating on the blade I believe! Beautiful knife, I'm really enjoying it!

Nice pick up... Very tempting. I've found the m390 on my super freek to be really good and touches up easily on my sharpmaker rather than fighting me tooth and nail like some other steels do.

Nice pick up... Very tempting. I've found the m390 on my super freek to be really good and touches up easily on my sharpmaker rather than fighting me tooth and nail like some other steels do.
That’s what I’ve found nice about m390 is it holds a edge but sharpens to a razor sharp edge relatively easy.

That’s what I’ve found nice about m390 is it holds a edge but sharpens to a razor sharp edge relatively easy.
You know, I feel like such an idiot right now. The super freek is M4.. o_O

I was still inspired by your new PM2 and wound up ordering the desert brown S35VN today

I think there was only 2 of us who had issues... Me, and mine just needed the pivot loosened a hair. Another guy had his so tight it took 2 hands to open and close it, and he couldn't get it to loosen up even with the pivot screws nearly all the way out. So that's one out of how many that is having problems.

Of course, I would open the knife up and see what the problem is, but not everyone is comfortable with that.

Mine is great though. After adjusting it it is as slick as my standard pm2. Sounds a little different and feels a little different than the standard, but that's from the dlc coating on the blade I believe! Beautiful knife, I'm really enjoying it!

Thanks for the clarification. I have over 40 PM2s and most are perfect upon arrival but about 3 have come really stiff and off center.

Thanks for the clarification. I have over 40 PM2s and most are perfect upon arrival but about 3 have come really stiff and off center.

40!? Wow... Lol that's a ton. Anyway, mine was centered and everything, just a bit tight. I'm thinking the other guy's knife has a pivot problem, like a burr or the dlc coat is too thick. I don't think he wanted to take it apart to look though. I wouldn't be able to help myself!

Back