New Products Debuting at SHOT show!!!!!

Sorry boys, 440c is where its at.

Keep in mind the ESEE survival theory. K.I.S.S.

The higher end steels are all cool but the ease of sharpening in the field is a consideration as well as final cost and all that.

440c is a fantastic steel when properly heat-treated.

440C is a fine steel for knives. Entrek uses it. While not cheap, it is much less expensive than S30V or 154CM. I have used it for years. It offers a good combination of edge holding, toughness, and corrosion resistance.

440C is a fine steel for knives. Entrek uses it. While not cheap, it is much less expensive than S30V or 154CM. I have used it for years. It offers a good combination of edge holding, toughness, and corrosion resistance.

will it match the edge holding and toughness of these rowen 1095 blades?

Ask any knife maker, steel choice is only half the battle. Heat treat is the other half, and Rowen's heat treat is the shiz. :thumbup:

yeah, that's why i specified 'rowen' 1095. :) i know that not all steels are equal, even if the number is the same. i'm just wondering how the 440c 4 will compare with the 1095 4. i know esee won't put out crap, but that doesn't mean it won't be different from it's counterpart.

i'm looking forward to some comparison review threads. hopefully it won't be too long, but the 4 is number three in line for me right now, so i've got time.

im pumped for the junglas with the molle front... so the question is, where and when will it be available. I am willing to hold out for it (plus a lot of online stores are out of stock on the junglas with the original sheath).

will it match the edge holding and toughness of these rowen 1095 blades?

I'd imagine that it might hold an edge a little longer than 1095, but it wouldnt be quite as easy to sharpen. I have a few 440C knives, and in my experience the edge lasts a very descent amount of time. Compared to a lot of other stainless steel , its pretty easy to resharpen, but again not as easy as 1095 I'm sure. Im sure Rowens 440C will be the best ever.

Back