Photos New Pursuit

AHH, I see that now...had one of those, satin with black paper and red liners, it was one of the prettiest and wicked-est blades I have/ever will own. still did not know there was this version.

Thanks J!

It's a SOW Santa's Outlaw Wicked :thumbsup:

I guess I wasn't paying attention to those old ganzaaas, because I thought a SOW was just an SFNO with Red G10 handle that came out around Christmas 2006.

Is it a bit of a clip point and a little recurve that makes it a SOW?

I guess I wasn't paying attention to those old ganzaaas, because I thought a SOW was just an SFNO with Red G10 handle that came out around Christmas 2006.

You captured most of the differences; the recurve is so slight on some SOWs that it is almost unnoticeable while the clip point is pretty significant. The other main difference is the SOW has a full flat grind and the SFNO is saber ground. Of course the obvious difference is limited handle colors for the SOW; I have seen red G-10, olive drab/black G-10 (2007 SE), blue/gray G-10, and black paper micarta (there might be others).

You captured most of the differences; the recurve is so slight on some SOWs that it is almost unnoticeable while the clip point is pretty significant. The other main difference is the SOW has a full flat grind and the SFNO is saber ground. Of course the obvious difference is limited handle colors for the SOW; I have seen red G-10, olive drab/black G-10 (2007 SE), blue/gray G-10, and black paper micarta (there might be others).

There were a couple other colors in the 2007 BloodBathAganzaaa. In addition to the 2007SE, there were SOWs in Black and Tan G-10, Blue and Red G-10, and Black G-10 with Yellow G-10 G-Rex.

There were also some non-SOW SFNO variants with the full flat grind, which I guess is why I didn't catch that as a distinguishing feature of the SOWs.

Actually, the SOW's blade is distal tapered from around the ricasso to the tip, which would be the biggest difference between it & a SFNO, along with being swedged, recurved, & flat ground (there are flat ground SFNO's too, just not prod. run, IIRC) Very sharp cutter with a fine point tip & mean recurve. :) :thumbsup:

Back