New/Recent Hinderer Scores Thread...a place to share and comment.

Finally got my hands on my black 3" slicer today. First Hinderer that I truly own. I have a few pics comparing it with a friend's 3" spanto from the last batch. First thing I noticed was a very nice bronzed look on the pivot apparently from the heat treat. It's a little darker in person and a nice touch.

Then I noticed his stop pin is different and wasn't aware the 3rd gen came out around Blade.

A pic comparing my pivot and screws to his.

It's cool how each knife is slightly different. Mine on the right has deeper engraving of the Hinderer name than his on the left.

Already switched to tip up and in where she belongs. Possibly the perfect EDC.

Overall I'm much more pleased with mine. I much prefer the slicer in this length. Much smoother than his and better flipping action. Might be the smoothest knife I own, and smoother unlocking than his. His could be a little dirty but only a couple months old. Really pleased with this knife and a 3.5" is in my future if I catch another sale. Proud to have my own Hinderer in the rotation now. :)

This came in yesterday (a wednesday fittingly)!

ibzzyuT1daTEI8.jpg

Got a 3" Wharnie today. I'm very impressed. My first 3" but it's definitely growing on me. Totally different beast than the 3.5's that I'm used to.

That eklipse is wicked! Great score. Can't wait to own one someday!

Finally got to the post office this morning to pick up my Eklipse! So far it is everything I expected it to be, flips well, is very smooth. The Ti liner is shorter at the 1st finger groove than the G10 scale is this normal(meaning the scale is even and symmetrical to the lock side but the liner isn't), can some one else with one tell me that this is normal for this model? I can't seem to find any pics that would show me. It doesn't affect anything really and the ergos are great. I am really loving this blade! Here's hoping that they make smooth CF scales for these soon. Now to save/hunt for a non-flipper 3" Slicer/Spanto Xm to have as a companion carry!

The liner is cut in a little bit to help disengage the lockbar. They're the same on the XM-18's as well. Enjoy your new Eklipse brother!

WOW.....some really awesome scores recently......
Congratulations to uofaengr, humblerodent, tomd1107, silvanus and kaedc on some incredible Hinderers......
I really love coming to this thread to see new pics and how excited people get......I have a couple but still get that same feeling
of giddy excitement everytime a new one comes in.....
Great start to the week for a lot of people.......

Finally got to the post office this morning to pick up my Eklipse! So far it is everything I expected it to be, flips well, is very smooth. The Ti liner is shorter at the 1st finger groove than the G10 scale is this normal(meaning the scale is even and symmetrical to the lock side but the liner isn't), can some one else with one tell me that this is normal for this model?

The XM-18 is similar. It's to allow your finger to get in between the scales to disengage the lock bar.

Good to know, thanks for the quick answers! I know it was a bit of a dumb question ^^;

WOW.....some really awesome scores recently......
Congratulations to uofaengr, humblerodent, tomd1107, silvanus and kaedc on some incredible Hinderers......
I really love coming to this thread to see new pics and how excited people get......I have a couple but still get that same feeling
of giddy excitement everytime a new one comes in.....
Great start to the week for a lot of people.......

This thread was created to allow folks freedom to share their joy, opinions and comments (about their "new" item or another's new item) while simultaneously allowing the photo thread to be more photo/less comment based and reduce the need to start a new thread for every new score.

Initial impression, Ergos are fantastic, no hot stops whatsoever. Action is very smooth and flips really well.

That is a great pic!! And congrats on the Eklipse!! Great knife!!

Congrats to all the rest as well!! Some good showings indeed :thumbup:

Nice scores here lately. Glad some of the folks on here landed some of the knives from the flash sales. I'm still loving my 3" slicer and have had it with me almost every day. Perfect little daily carry knife. I'll get some pictures this weekend.

Back