New recipe for inexpensive knives!

Bill Siegle

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
If you follow my work, I routinely try to offer bargains in the custom knife world. These are usually in the form of my personal users or knives finished to a lesser degree using handle build methods requiring less time and supplies to finish. I think I have finally got my “recipe” down! Same 5160. Same heat treat. Less finish work for me and lower prices for customers. Add in that this usually makes folks want to actually use the knives and it is a heaping helping of Win!!! I’m thinking I can offer knives like this for $225 shipped in the US with the option of adding a simple Kydex sheath set up for a large size Tek Lok(not included) for another $25. Shoot me your thoughts on the concept :) The smaller sized one is based on my Hardcore pattern and is 11 7/8 overall with a 6 5/8in blade tip to handle. The large clip point knife is 14 1/8in overall with a 9 1/2in blade tip to handle.
View attachment 877742

Last edited:
Ive never posted in your sub forum until now . They both look great . I’d be satisfied with a knife like that for 250 sheathed . They look like they’re meant for work ! Nice blades !

A fixed blade without a good sheath is unsafe and worthless (unless it is intended for the kitchen). Your sheath have always been excellent, and a fine compliment to your knives. Keep offering them as a set.

Also, your knives advertise and set the general expectation for your work. If you want to market a lesser grade of finish, then it may be better to do so under a different and distinct economy brand.

n2s

Last edited:
Not sure what you mean about the sheaths. Clearly sheaths are offered. I’m just adding a little choice for the buyer.

I definitely think you are on to something Bill. I have quite a few of your blades and love them all. This option will/should be a big winner. Do you do straight custom work by the way? Work off of customer designs?

These are only going to be offered as I make them for now. I may change that if I find my new schedule will allow for it though. I’m still settling in on a new schedule at my day job :)

Never know what will appear till I fire up the old imagination but given my love for such things, it wouldn't surprise me.

Good and good - I keep missing the broken-back versions that you post up once and a while, but those models with minimal belly and more precise tips just do it for me.

Thanks Bill.

Back