1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Week 41 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Kizer Knives Nick Swan Matanzas , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

New rmj

Discussion in 'Axe, Tomahawk, & Hatchet Forum' started by Ironkid883, Jun 10, 2019.

which would you buy

1. Rmj vietnam

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
  2. Killdevilsniperhawk kin

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. Neither add choice in comments

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  1. Ironkid883

Ironkid883 Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 29, 2018
    Hey lads .hope ye are all doin good today.
    I was watching the lives stream the other night and spotted rmj are bringing out a mew version of the vietnam hawk looks good i always wanted a v hawk .
    And seems a hell of alot cheaper than there other offerings the shrike and jenny wren .
    I dont know much about rmj i heard their stuff is tough .any opinions or input apreciated .ill either buy that or get a swamp rat kdsh which is awesome anyways

2. clearytja

clearytja

Oct 17, 2002
    I have a bunch of RMJ’s . I love everything they do so buying a Vietnam hawk from them would be a must.
    Any pics???!!

Ironkid883 likes this.
  3. Ironkid883

Jun 29, 2018
    N
    No unfortunately it was on the live stream spsrk showed us a pic of it supposedly they got the original tooling from american tomahawk and remachined em

Square_peg likes this.
  4. BlackKnight86

BlackKnight86 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 14, 2003
    I picked one up at Blade. Recognized them by their shape, hanging from the hook. They have two models, hickory handle and synthetic handle (I got the synthetic). I had to get it, because I’ve loved that hawk since it first appeared in the Cutlery Shoppe catalog.

I have both in the poll, so I didn’t pick one......I can’t honestly say which one I’d pick first in use - the RMJ Loggerhead is my workhorse.

I’m thinking it would depend on what the expected use was, but the La Gana hawk seems to me to be a better “pure” weapon, while the Kill Devil hawk would be a better “demo” hawk.

Full disclosure - I’m pretty sure that I don’t know what I’m talking about.

Ironkid883 likes this.
  5. BlackKnight86

BlackKnight86 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 14, 2003
    I had a lovely chat with the young lady whose idea it was to bring them back!

Square_peg and Ironkid883 like this.
  6. Ironkid883

Jun 29, 2018
    Ill probably end up with both either ways now id say .
    Thanks for your input lads much appreciated