New rmj

Discussion in 'Axe, Tomahawk, & Hatchet Forum' started by Ironkid883, Jun 10, 2019.

which would you buy

1. Rmj vietnam

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
  2. Killdevilsniperhawk kin

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. Neither add choice in comments

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  1. Ironkid883

Ironkid883

Jun 29, 2018
    Hey lads .hope ye are all doin good today.
    I was watching the lives stream the other night and spotted rmj are bringing out a mew version of the vietnam hawk looks good i always wanted a v hawk .
    And seems a hell of alot cheaper than there other offerings the shrike and jenny wren .
    I dont know much about rmj i heard their stuff is tough .any opinions or input apreciated .ill either buy that or get a swamp rat kdsh which is awesome anyways

2. clearytja

clearytja

Oct 17, 2002
    I have a bunch of RMJ’s . I love everything they do so buying a Vietnam hawk from them would be a must.
    Any pics???!!

Ironkid883 likes this.
  3. Ironkid883

Ironkid883

Jun 29, 2018
    N
    No unfortunately it was on the live stream spsrk showed us a pic of it supposedly they got the original tooling from american tomahawk and remachined em

Square_peg likes this.
  4. BlackKnight86

BlackKnight86 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Oct 14, 2003
    I picked one up at Blade. Recognized them by their shape, hanging from the hook. They have two models, hickory handle and synthetic handle (I got the synthetic). I had to get it, because I’ve loved that hawk since it first appeared in the Cutlery Shoppe catalog.

I have both in the poll, so I didn’t pick one......I can’t honestly say which one I’d pick first in use - the RMJ Loggerhead is my workhorse.

I’m thinking it would depend on what the expected use was, but the La Gana hawk seems to me to be a better “pure” weapon, while the Kill Devil hawk would be a better “demo” hawk.

Full disclosure - I’m pretty sure that I don’t know what I’m talking about.

Ironkid883 likes this.
  5. BlackKnight86

BlackKnight86 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Oct 14, 2003
    I had a lovely chat with the young lady whose idea it was to bring them back!

Square_peg and Ironkid883 like this.
  6. Ironkid883

Ironkid883

Jun 29, 2018
    Ill probably end up with both either ways now id say .
    Thanks for your input lads much appreciated