New Schrade Carving Tool

I almost like it because it's almost a traditional folder with carbon steel, but the black coating killed it for me.

It looks like a lower cost, slip joint competitor to the folding lock-blade carving knives offered by Flexcut

Just found this thread. I have a Flexcut Pocket Jack will need to find one of theses OTs. Anyone held one or used one?

My searches for them on the internet, leads me to believe they are a new item that has not been released yet, or at least hasn't made it to the dealers yet.

O.B.

I almost got one. I ordered it through Amazon, paid for it, received a torn open padded mailer (empty of course), contacted the seller, received a refund. Before I tried again, I found out Smith and Wesson bought out Taylor Brands and now owns the Schrade name. For reasons of my own, that is a deal breaker for me. I believe r8shell has one, there may be a review buried in the Traditional sub forum.

If the springs are as weak as the ones on my old timer saddleman I just bought I'd be a little fearful for my fingers using that thing. I still kinda want one though.

I almost got one. I ordered it through Amazon, paid for it, received a torn open padded mailer (empty of course), contacted the seller, received a refund. Before I tried again, I found out Smith and Wesson bought out Taylor Brands and now owns the Schrade name. For reasons of my own, that is a deal breaker for me. I believe r8shell has one, there may be a review buried in the Traditional sub forum.
BTI Tools bought the Schrade (and related) brands. Not Smith & Wesson.
I recently bought an Old Timer 95OT and 12OT set made by BTI Tools.

I picked one up a few months ago. I found it pretty easy to sharpen and put a nice sharp edge on every tool. The Springs are a little soft but if you choke up on the tools it's not that big a deal and especially on the knife blades we all know what everyone says about a slip joint knife closing on you and how that's mostly up to user error. It worked really well for the half hour or so that I used it did a great job making clean smooth shiny cuts. For the price I paid I'm happy with it.

I picked one up a few months ago. I found it pretty easy to sharpen and put a nice sharp edge on every tool. The Springs are a little soft but if you choke up on the tools it's not that big a deal and especially on the knife blades we all know what everyone says about a slip joint knife closing on you and how that's mostly up to user error. It worked really well for the half hour or so that I used it did a great job making clean smooth shiny cuts. For the price I paid I'm happy with it.

Doesn't @r8shell have one of these, Neko?
I seem to recall her giving a review of one a while back.

Back