New Season of Alone

Surprised there's been no discussion of it.
I know, the premise is a few years old now, but this season is in the arctic, and one of the contestants just got a moose.
Of course, he is now surrounded by huge hunks of moose meat in his shelter...

Seems that there is potential to have a decent discussion of survival/wilderness living topics. :)

Surprised there's been no discussion of it.
I know, the premise is a few years old now, but this season is in the arctic, and one of the contestants just got a moose.
Of course, he is now surrounded by huge hunks of moose meat in his shelter...

Seems that there is potential to have a decent discussion of survival/wilderness living topics. :)

Arctic enough that those hungry polar bears might be a factor?

Who am I kidding a fellow Can’tnadian like you wouldn’t be calling anything but the arctic the arctic.

Plug for Medford Arktika as P. Bearington self defense knife.

Arctic enough that those hungry polar bears might be a factor?

Who am I kidding a fellow Can’tnadian like you wouldn’t be calling anything but the arctic the arctic.

Plug for Medford Arktika as P. Bearington self defense knife.

They're at Great Slave Lake.

Think I might want something bigger than a Medford folder if the bears decided to come steal my moose meat horde. :eek:

Are they back to the one person format? Might be worth watching if the psychology starts to play a bigger role than the starvation.

I think he may be the one too win it as long as he doesn't get injured or sick, and as long as no wolves or bears try to take his moose meat. It's definitely getting interesting now as he's the only one with a huge supply of meat for the cold snowy frozen days coming ahead of them. Now he needs to stock up on wood and keep reinforcing his shelter for what's ahead.

I like previous seasons of Alone but it's hard to get into this season. Doesn't seem like there's enough material between commercials and replays of scenes over and over again. Probably why I don't watch much TV anyway. Cool he got a moose though. I think that's the first real big game in the entire series.

I'd be concerned about that neat spoiling before I was concerned about scavengers. Just leave a healthy gut/scrap pile well away from home base and GTG. Keep a good fire going and stock up firewood and he ought to be able to outlast the others. Hungry and cold sucks.

I think he may be the one too win it as long as he doesn't get injured or sick, and as long as no wolves or bears try to take his moose meat. It's definitely getting interesting now as he's the only one with a huge supply of meat for the cold snowy frozen days coming ahead of them. Now he needs to stock up on wood and keep reinforcing his shelter for what's ahead.

Injured or sick could easily end things. Seems like slow and careful is the way to go...too many times seeing people get injuries in a moment of inattention.

I like previous seasons of Alone but it's hard to get into this season. Doesn't seem like there's enough material between commercials and replays of scenes over and over again. Probably why I don't watch much TV anyway. Cool he got a moose though. I think that's the first real big game in the entire series.

I'd be concerned about that neat spoiling before I was concerned about scavengers. Just leave a healthy gut/scrap pile well away from home base and GTG. Keep a good fire going and stock up firewood and he ought to be able to outlast the others. Hungry and cold sucks.

As long as the smoking keeps it good for a bit, the cold weather coming up should make preserving things quite easy.

Yeah not to impressed w the contestants.. Moose killer is the winner. Use the waste for baite. He'll easily outlast the others.

Yep it's easy to get injured in the wild. I fell one year will deer hunting in the winter, crossed an icy creek and slipped and fell only to snap my first finger in two. Hunted for two more days like that taking only ibuprofen for pain. Yep stay safe out there folks life happens fast and we'll soon see who makes it all the way safely.

OK that was dumb. He coulda sat back by the fire and eat the moose. Just cut wood. Easily out last the others. At least make a plan to finish the moose and then leave if everyone else haven't bailed. But I miss my kids argh

OK that was dumb. He coulda sat back by the fire and eat the moose. Just cut wood. Easily out last the others. At least make a plan to finish the moose and then leave if everyone else haven't bailed. But I miss my kids argh

Actually, moose guy is still there, and killed a wolverine too!

It was dumb of the other guy to leave though, as he did have food set aside (fish mostly, I think).

Thanks I wasn't going to watch the rest. Wolverine.. That's going to be a a good episode

Moose/Badger guys seems to be just coasting along. Hey, a Moose. I'm going to go kill it. Hey a Wolverine! Hold my beer. He shot it with his bow which pinned it. He then went in for the kill with an axe from what I could tell. When the camera showed the Wolverine, there was a big wound will guts hanging out from what I can only assume was a close quarters axe blow. Dude is a bad arse. This is the first contestant that I think could actually live out there for an extended period of time and not eventually starve. That being said, producers and editing could be playing it up only to have him fail for some reason. Unless he gets injured (probably fighting another Wolverine), he's got to be the favorite.

Also, the editing is killing me. Seems like a lot less actual content this year. Someone above mentioned it but the replay of events that took place just before commercials is stupid. However, I see most Reality TV shows seem to do this now. An hour show usually has about 40 minutes of actual show time once commercials are backed out and I bet another 5 to 8 minutes are just replays. An hour TV show really only has a little over 30 minutes of content these days. In the case of Alone, they have the footage, why not use it?

Last edited:
Good episode probably the best of all seasons. Built a nice stash. Probably pick off some more predators from up there. Good attitude adrenaline but no fear. Quite funny to me anyway one gets a squirrel bite and another attacks a Wolverine. Good episode

That moose guys lucky or he hit that wolverine just right. I don't believe I would run up on a wounded wolverine in the dark with a hatchet unless everything was just right. I shot a bobcat years ago with my bow and that thing jumped four feet high when hit thru the lungs and ran right through a brush pile you could hardly see through.

He went about 100 yards through the snow bleeding and ran into an old fallen down log cabin. Needless to say I didn't go in until the next day and he was dead backed up in a corner waiting for me.

Wild animals are way tougher that any human being and the way I see it that guy was quite lucky. If that thing would have jumped on him when he ran up it would have been over and a trip to the hospital would have been in order. It sure looks like he'll make it to the end as long as his luck and skill hold out.

I've watched every season, and this season has to be the worst yet. Editing is flat out terrible this season, and it seems like there's very little actual footage that the contestants really produce. Of course, I guess I can't blame them, what with the struggle not to starve or freeze being the reality every day.

I AM glad that the one chick got cut, she was so unspeakably stupid. I don't know, I have to say that I'm kinda over this show. During the first season, it was awesome because it was fresh and exciting, however like always, humans learn to game the system, and that's what we've seen for the last three or four seasons, where it becomes a "Who can wait out the rest thanks to significant fat reserves bolstered by catching a minimum amount of small game" contest.

Looks like Jordan won.

Jordan was the best contestant ever on ALONE, he was still thriving after everybody else tapped out.

Season 6 was the best season ever, great contestants that were able to hunt, fish, and trap more game than any season before.

I see the big difference with this Alone season was the bow & arrow for hunting. Fish still seemed to be the fare of the day. But the truly successful hunter eventually outlasted the others. Having your shelter burn down like the one guy must have been traumatic and a game changer in the cold. 77 days..... 10 weeks

The machete type blade that the woman chose did not go well in the long run. I find that interesting.

As we have seen before, it takes more than red meat to survive. Fat seems to be the key.

I will admit that I was barely interested in this last season of Alone.

Back