Daniel Koster

www.kosterknives.com
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
I put this in the Cantina rather than Gadgets & Gear

Got a new ride a week or so ago.

1984 Jaguar XJ6 VandenPlas

Completely repainted to factory original color

Jag001.jpg

Leather up front with real wood paneling - all restored.

Jag002.jpg

Rear compartment - leather and clean!

Jag003.jpg

Previous owner liked things a little *posh*.....gold-plated hood ornament. :eek:

Jag005.jpg

Front end - chrome all around...and a few bugs. :D

Jag006.jpg

Top-notch paint job....monster-sized trunk with dual gas tanks.

Jag007.jpg

pics continued....;)

Interior - all new wood panels, custom stereo, XM radio

Jag008.jpg

Close-up of command center...DVD player opening...:D

Jag009.jpg

DVD fully open and ready to play. Yes...pimped out a little. :boogie:

Jag012.jpg

Custom handmade wood steering wheel - signed by the maker: E. Nardi

Jag013.jpg

Sunroof - fully operational and seals up tight! :thumbup:

Jag014.jpg

But....for me, it's just not enough....anyone can restore an ole Jag....needs something else to make it special....

How about a C5 Z06 385HP motor from a 2001 Corvette?

Jag004.jpg

:eek: :thumbup: :cool: :D :) :eek:

Yep....that'll do!

:D

Yes...and part of the deal I swung (with the missus) to get the Jag was to unload the Nova....:(

But it's still good....:D

Nice wheels Dan!!!!:cool: :D Now take some pics of the engine compartment.:p

And is it an inline six or a V8? More luxury than sports car with the automatic tranny ainnit?

Guess I should'a waited a few more minutes hunh... Now I'm totally impressed!!!!:D :cool:

In high school my grandfather gave me a 69 nova 2 door with a 307, it was burning a quart of oil a day. It wasn't long after that , I picked up a 71 suburban that was bent in half in an accident. Pulled the 454 out of it and squeezed it into the nova , needless to say I pooched the rear end , but man
that car was hard on rubber.

Yep....I was kinda like you....my 71 4-door 307 got some serious upgrades...including (recently) drivetrain stuff....:eek: :eek:...."too much hard driving" according to the tech. :D

But unreliable in the wintertime...and not the best daily-driver. (not to mention my lady HATES it)

The "lumped" Jag on the other hand...seems the best of both worlds. I get class and speed. Wife's happy (as long as the Nova goes....) :D

The shoehorning was done by the previous owner. He dumped 25K into the whole thing, top to bottom. I got it for less than half that....wahoo!

But I already have plans to put almost 8K more into it....:(

So how fast is it Dan and how does it handle, take the curves, brake, etc? Any estimated 0-60 times? How 'bout 1/4 mile? :D :cool: :eek:

Oh yeah, how much gas does it hold? I'll bet it'll hold more to go on than my capacity to have too stop and pee every three or four hours.:rolleyes: :eek:

At least now I know why I can't afford your knives Dan...sweet ride!

Nice. I've always thought that the Jag was the most elegant looking car out there. That one will kick a** too!

i call shotgun

:D

OMG, what a cool ride.

One could write an article about that car... ;)

So. (ahem) Where are the hidden blades? Press a button and khuks pop out?

It needs to make a statement about you as a bladesmith.

Mike

Congrats, Dan! I like it! How anyone got a Vette engine in it and made it work is amazing to me.

Back