New set of wheels

Congrats, Dan! I like it! How anyone got a Vette engine in it and made it work is amazing to me.

Actually, IIRC, it's a fairly common and straightforward conversion.......seems I've heard that at least.
Where's the additional $8K gonna be applied????
Looks like a sweet deal as it is!:thumbup:

Yes - there are companies that sell kits to drop in a chevy 350. But there are no kits for the LS6...had to be custom-made. The exhaust is completely custom-fabbed too and ceramic coated. Yes...I'm very happy with it.

The 8K is going to (hopefully) get me a supercharger, super-chip, cruise-control, better speaker setup (including subs in the trunk), and a few odds-n-ends here-n-there. The goal is 700HP on pump gas. I'm really hoping this car will be a keeper...for many years to come. It's received a fresh new breath of life...so it should be good to go for another 100k miles....and who knows...maybe by then I'll be ready for a 572BBC...:D

Wow- awesome car! Is that 385 HP or RWHP? I've seen some crazy things done with a NA LS6- the blower will be insane... though 700 is pretty high- are you going with a twin screw charger?

Congrats man!

385HP at the fly - is the rated hp for the engine. By the time it gets this 4100+ lb. Jag up-n-going....well, it's no Vette! :D

Procharger Stage II for the C5 (with 2 intercoolers) should get it up anywhere from 580+HP (@9psi) to 650HP(@12psi), a super chip will add another 30-50HP, and a few other modifications will add another 10-20HP. There are plenty of 550+HP vettes out there...and quite a few 700+ as well. So it's in the realm of the possible....:D

As long as there's money, right?
*groan*

And then there's the NOS system...good for another 50-150HP....forgot to mention that. :D

Hello. My name is Dan. And I am a power junkie.

:p

Good stuff, Dan. Thanks for the pics.

Might want to scrub your license plate number in pic 1 - notice you photoshopped in one of the later pics.

Nice car, thank you for the pictures

Dan, I'm sure they upgraded the drive train when they dropped in that Vet motor but will it stand up to 600-800HP?

The rear end is rated to 700HP.

And I have a spare on the way....:D

Tranny is a 700R4 (4 speed automatic) that is built like a tank. Not saying it can't be fried....:D....but should be good for some time.

Really the best part about this whole conversion is that the engine/drivetrain (back to the rear-end) is all Chevy. Made in the USA....available for CHEAP in the USA. Parts abound. :D

heh heh heh heh....and it looks so elegant.:thumbup:

What has been done about the front suspension...really, the entire suspension?

Lot of added weight up front, right? and, of course, the torque SMASH at the rear?

You know, I could tow that old Nova away for you.:D

Um, what kind of motorcycle is that with the Windjammer fairing? Oh, Yeah, nice car. :thumbup: (Can you tell where my focus is?)

--Mike L.

The LS6 is an all-aluminum engine and it quite a bit lighter than the Jag V6. So, the guy had to cut down the front springs to lower the front end back down to normal.

The Nova won't need towin'...it isn't as HOT as the Jag...but it'll run. :D

Dave K = :D

Mike L. = the bike is a '78 Honda Goldwing GL1000. Fun lil' scooter. But....has to go...! :(

On the subject of wheels (it IS the title after all...:D)

What do you guys think about a set of chrome wheels like these?

3494_1.JPG

And no...no spinners. :barf: :barf: :barf:

I think you need to add wheel-forging to your list of talents. Definitely with mini-khuk spinners in the middle. 8)

mini-kukri spinner hubs.....:eek: :D :p :Eek:

sharpened?

Of course!!

:p

Awsome Dan! Didn't know you were an LSx fan! I'm rocken a 99' z28 with the almighty t56. Cam with stock heads (so far) and I'm putting 386/365 to the wheels on a mustang dyno. I'd buy more of your knives If I wasn't putting a moser 9" in next month!

It's all good, bro! :thumbup:

I need to get some more $$$....for performance parts! :D :p :eek:

I think another valuable addition will be a high-resolution video camera to catch the expressions of the hotrod drivers next to you at the light when you kick in the NOS.

Back