New Shipment - Slings and Arrows of Importing

Well, I went to the airport yesterday for the latest shipment of khukuris, and they told me that because Monday was a holiday, the truck from JFK in New York to IAD in Washington didn't run (even though it was scheduled to leave on Tuesday morning and not Monday). Anyway, I called this morning, and the shipment is manifested on the truck and will arrive today at 10:30am. Of the 20 Panawals I ordered, 10 are already bought and paid for. That leaves 10 more, plus the normal assortment of inventory. There are, I think, a couple of Sirupatis still left, although I don't know how many Lalit sent over. I'll post again when I actually get them later today.

Well, I'm back from the airport with the new shipment. Congress let the "most favored trade" status of Nepal expire, so, until such time as they retroactively reinstate the status, I had to pay import duty. Of course, I'll get a refund when all is said and done - after a customs agent spends an hour processing the refund request - useless paperwork. Anyway, the khukuris look great, especially the "GH" logo. I'll post a pic of the logo when I get the chance. Right now I've got a bunch of panawals and sirupatis to ship.

Well, just a quick note: the panawals look great, but the sirupatis - they look even better. Unfortunately, Lalit only sent two out, and they were snatched up before I had a chance to post photos. However, I will be placing another order in 4 weeks or so, so if anybody wants one, please let me know and I'll be sure to order enough this time.

Back