New Shop (Work in progress)

I am dedicating this thread to updating you all on the progress of the new shop, not much has changed over the last couple of weeks. That doesn't mean I have not been busy though! Just nothing easily conveyed through pictures or that interesting for that matter. That is all about to change in short order though.

So what have I been up to the last few weeks, well the last week in August was my daughters 16th birthday. If any of you out there are parents of teenage girls you can relate to this pivotal and sometimes stressful moment.
I am very proud of the young woman my daughter in growing up to be.

The 1st week in August I flew out to Colorado to attend my younger sister's wedding. It was a beautiful ceremony and I am glad I attended, the traveling and being on the go was a little rough on me so I needed to rest up last week so I could turn around and drive to Missouri this last weekend to pick up and important addition to the family and Osprey K/T team. I will post a seperate thread with a formal introduction later on.

I have managed some progress on the new shop. The majority of the large tools have been purchased, and delivered. Last weekend the day after I got back in town, I and with the help of Matt Russo hung 80% of the drywall, tinting the windows, moving large tools from one shop to the other, he has also helped me pick up a few tools. Matt and I met a few years back through a mutual acquaintance when I first started making knives. We ran into each other again at BladeShow and I found out he picked up learning to make knives as well. Matt offered to help me out with the shop build out and in turn I am helping him with learning to make knives he has been a huge help to me so far and I greatly appreciate it!

I will have a handful of pictures to post over the next couple of days, next order of business is to finish the drywall, build the workbenches and get an electrician in there to wire me up so I can get busy setting the tools up. As I mentioned before I will be splitting my time between Andy's shop making knives and building out the new shop, gradually but expeditiously transitioning over to my independent location.

Here are a few pictures to refresh your memories of how the new shop started out.

Hosted on Fotki
Hosted on Fotki
Hosted on Fotki
Hosted on Fotki
Hosted on Fotki
Hosted on Fotki

Thank you everyone for your continued support!
More to come in a few days with pictures.....

Last edited:
Can't wait to see the new digs all finished. Hope you don't have a yoga/meditation type business neighbor there ;)

Since Chris didn't share here, this is one of his Colorado pics from IG. Great reason to be away from the shop!

OKTawayinCo-vi.jpg

....And so it begins...can't wait to see your first knife from your new shop!

Yes it does! You can count on me taking pictures and making a big deal about completing my first knife in the new location, in will be a milestone for sure!

Awesome. Can't wait to see pics of everything put together and set up. It looks like you got a nice bit of room to work out of.

Heading there in a few, planning on starting to finish up the drywall today, then onto building the benches and figuring out tool placement. I do have a nice little size shop for one man. I think its around 750 sq ft total including the office area. The shop are is about the size of 1 1/2 car garage. I am going to take pictures tonight too, I plan on having those posted up tomorrow the latest.

Can't wait to see the new digs all finished. Hope you don't have a yoga/meditation type business neighbor there ;)

Since Chris didn't share here, this is one of his Colorado pics from IG. Great reason to be away from the shop!

OKTawayinCo-vi.jpg

Thanks Jerry been meaning to share these ohtos but to say I have been busy would be an understatement! I will circle back around and share the rest of the few Colorado pictures I have.

Onward and upward!

Thanks Mike, up up and away!!

I took some photos for you guy's last night while I was mudding the new drywall, I have a little bit more to go, then I am going to put in some sprayfoam insulation along the top where the gap is to seal off the two room, this weekend I will build the benches and starts assembling the grinders and deciding tool placement. Next week or soon after that I plan on having an electrician come in and install the additional power receptacles I need.

In the front office area I have one work bench and got the windows tinted, the A/C unit needed replacement that happened two weeks ago and there is a small leak in the roof that is getting repaired next week. Things are coming along smoothly so far, expectedly there have been some surprises and delays but in all I am happy with the progress so far.

Hosted on Fotki
Hosted on Fotki
Hosted on Fotki
Hosted on Fotki

Where did you get him from again?? Kinda reminds me of myself "running hot" being a Yankee. He might be a Yankee ;-)

LMAO he is a busy one and definetly prefers the hard cold floor. I think he just likes being where I am at or at least where I can see him, the feeling is mutual. I run hot myself so him and I are similar in that since, if only I could just get him on the same sleep schedule, :);)Got him in Missouri right outside of West Plains in a little town called Caulfield.

I am working on uploading a ton of pictures to update this thread, it will take me a few days to organize and upload the pictures, but I should have a nice picture story for you guy's in a few days!

All my stuff is in the new shop!
I finished moving late last night, now the fun of unpacking and organizing begins, I have no Idea where half my stuff is at this point because most everything is still packed up. I still have a little bit of work to do on the shop sealing off the two rooms, and getting all the tools hooked up and in working order.

All my stuff is in the new shop!
I finished moving late last night, now the fun of unpacking and organizing begins, I have no Idea where half my stuff is at this point because most everything is still packed up. I still have a little bit of work to do on the shop sealing off the two rooms, and getting all the tools hooked up and in working order.

Congrats on the move part!

As far as knowing where your stuff is, I hate when that happens ;)

Back