New shop!

Currently counting down the Hours to the new shop.

Tracking says the crate will arrive this Wednesday.
I'm Probably going to wear out the refresh button in the mean time.

Santa Ysabel will be our new home. Right smack dab in the middle of nowhere.
Will be building some tables and lighting fixtures this week. Pics will be posted here!

This is excellent news. :) You haven't made a pointy thing in months, you must be ready to go ! :cool::D
Edit: words.

Last edited:
This is excellent news. :) You haven't made a pointy thing in months, you ready be ready to go ! :cool::D

Oh man. I'm literally itching to make pointy things.

I will be doing some "practice blades"
Some basic knives and machetes in simpler steels to get my mojo back. Then back to the super steels!!!

The practice blades will be more inexpensive and posted here and Instagram. Only ones that pass will get posted.

Great news !!!!

Any A2 going to be used during your warmup ??? Looking forward to see what you list :)

Great news !!!!

Any A2 going to be used during your warmup ??? Looking forward to see what you list :)
I don't have any plans on A2 as of now. But I do plan on using some Bohler K110 (d2) and maybe some PSF27 .
I'm sure 3V will sneak in there too. Lol.

Tracking ,,,, refresh,,,,,, tracking ,,,,,refresh,,,,,,tracking,,,,,,,,
:p:p:p

The countdown is on :thumbsup::D

Pretty cool!:thumbsup: The roundness, "porthole", and rustiness makes it look like you're building your shop in the barbette of a old warship. What was it, a small silo?

The original pics posted made me think of an old desert ghost town ;):):p
It’s really looking good ! Nice work :thumbsup:

Pretty cool!:thumbsup: The roundness, "porthole", and rustiness makes it look like you're building your shop in the barbette of a old warship. What was it, a small silo?
I think it was an old water tank of some kind.
Good job with that floor too. Must have taken a while to cut all those curves.

Everything there is so round you'll have to start making hollow handle knives :D
Cutting curves like that is awful. Not a fan of woodworking. The workbench was a test in patience. Gaps and not round. But the back of the tank is dented in one spot. Tons of fun to try to match the curve. But I got the first bench done and then the grinder mounted.
Hope to get the plug for the grinder swapped out this weekend.

Back