1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ka-Bar Becker BK5 Magnum Camp , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday July 27!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

New Spyderco App

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by Grandmaster, Jun 7, 2019.

1. Grandmaster

Grandmaster Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 14, 2015
    Have you guys downloaded it yet? Seems to have potential but its really lacking right now.

2. Lapedog

Lapedog Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 7, 2016
    Is it worth dling?

What’s on it?

3. Grandmaster

Grandmaster Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 14, 2015
    I downloaded the app from apple app store, it wont show as you search for it but search anyways and it will. It shows all models, you can make a “wish list” and a “my collection” list from the catalog, but right now its missing a lot of models, sprint runs, past ones, but the app has potential, I like the idea.

115Italian likes this.
  4. xraymason

xraymason

Nov 20, 2017
    Definitely needs sprint runs and older models...... nice format though. X

5. cwsmith17

cwsmith17

Aug 3, 2014
    The new app is outstanding! You get all kinds of information about steel and the element chart that all knife nuts should understand. I've read all the educational section and supplemented the information I already had. I highly all download just for the information alone.

KarlG likes this.
  6. sgt1372

sgt1372 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Oct 16, 2018
    Is the app you guys are talking about only available for iPhones?

Just looked and there's isn't an app named "Spyderco" in the Google Play store.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
  7. FullFlatMind

FullFlatMind

May 30, 2019
    Android version comes out later.

8. sgt1372

sgt1372 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Oct 16, 2018
    As usual and despite the fact that there are now more Android phones in use than iPhones but that's ok I really don't need that app (or any other more apps) anyway.

Was just curious to see what it looked like. Won't lose any sleep over it. ;)

9. DocT

DocT

Mar 25, 2012
    It will not download to my iPad at all. It is in the App Store, however.

10. FullFlatMind

FullFlatMind

May 30, 2019
    Doesn't work on my iPad either but it is old so most apps don't.

11. mitch13

mitch13

Nov 3, 2004
    Well said.
    Mitch