New Spyderco Knife

On Spyderco's Instagram account there is a close up pic of "something new is coming soon" Looks to be little Native with compression lock I am guessing. I would post a pic but it is not uploading.

What do you think it is?

I don't understand what the depression is in the middle of the blade jimping.
I'm sure it's the compression lock Native we were arguing about this weekend.

I don't understand what the depression is in the middle of the blade jimping.
I'm sure it's the compression lock Native we were arguing about this weekend.
You mean that dip in the blade between the liners?

That's probably for when it's closed, or they just kludged on a blade from another model to get the mule dialed in.

That definitely looks like the compression lock Native :thumbsup:
Somebody started a thread on it. Could the dip on the spine match the lower choil when the knife is closed?

The pivot is rounded and the Native pivot screws are flush and it has Eric’s makers mark. Doubt it’s a Native. Manix 3?

(Wrong :rolleyes:)

Last edited:
4F2BF307-0434-4D12-A31A-03AF5A1949DA.jpeg
I expect it to be the lil native, I think Sal’s mark will be in front of the spider hole. It should be something new, the scale looks like it might accompany a tall wharncliffe like a Yojimbo although the hardware suggests it will be a small blade

The lil Native prototypes have flat flush screws.

b02nYnq.jpg

The absence of a thumb ramp has me intrigued(though I do love me a thumb ramp, haha). There's also no jimping on the blade, which is unusual for Spyderco.

A new Native would be my first guess.

I think they changed the screws from the proto and that it is a Lil Native comp lock. The protos lacked jimping like that.

The Chap has a ramp and carries Sal's mark.

Damn, that blade looks tiny! Sub 2" edge for sure. I wish they'd grind the whole way to the ricasso instead of the putting in a choil. Unless of course they used it so you can actually get a full four finger grip like on the dragonfly.

Back