New Stainless Damascus Urban Zombie Hunter / Timascus Menuki

Snody

Maker of Fine Knives & Leather Goods
Thanks for supporting SnodyKnives.
SnodyKnives "Yakusa- (Yak USA) tm." featuring Swedish Stainless Damasteel Damascus, Hand Carved "Family Crest" Timascus Menuki and a Hand Made Sterling Silver Shikami Menuki.. Stingray with nylon resin impregnated Tactical Japanese wrapped Handle.. Blade length is approx 6 inches... Double Hollow Ground blade geometry with a wicked Single Side Snody Swedge. Much Respect from Texas..
[youtube]7WFwQu7i3rM[/youtube]
[youtube]HcSReXEYg3U[/youtube]
[youtube]JIuUQ3dViFQ[/youtube]
[youtube]SFA-im6PdbY[/youtube]

damasteel8.jpg

damasteel.jpg

damasteel2.jpg

damasteel15.jpg

I have tried to comment on this wonderful masterpiece and words do it no justice without becoming a twist of the tongue. The implementation, quality and merging of futuristic dynamic new school angles with traditional cultural homage have my jaw on the floor. We are very lucky to having you dreaming designs into reality, it's very fulfilling. The community is extremely fortunate to have such an inspirational artist performing for us. Thank you. Your skillset and craft seems to be pacing at a rate of progressive perpetual ante ups that take us as far as the designs your mind can dream. I'm incredibly humbled to be in the presence of a modern day master of craft. I bet you get stormed by fans at the Tokyo Airport and hotel in Japan. You are reviving an ancient art to a level it's never been and it may never go again and those who are illuminated to the truth of reality are well aware that we are in the presence of a legend who's legacy will be discussed in the books of history. I'm imagining your Katanas and Wakizashi and pray for the positivity and inspiration you have spread throughout the community to be returned to you in Your familiy's happiness and good fortune. and also Steel Availability ;)

I have a client question, what is your ultimate goal and career dreams? What is your idea of the ultimate completion of accomplishments, I look forward to your work for a long time to come but is there something you dream to accomplish someday that you have not already. I know that's a hard question considering you have done and exceeded just about anything you can do, but do you aspire to do anything like make your own steel or open a school of knife making someday? I think that would be totally rocking and something you would be very successful at as you are a great teacher and have many skills and knowledge...I could literally ask you questions every day all day long and you are just a wealth of knowledge and your Willingness and participation in educating your fans and passionate enthusiasts is really what sets you apart in my opinion and is the reason you get so much attention.

If the rest of 2012 is like the first quarter everyone better buckle up, it looks like this dream ride is getting ready to take off, I've said it once and I'll say it again :) it must be difficult to match the level of skill you set for yourself, I would imagine Mike Snodys biggest competitor is himself which is why he keeps trying to outdo himself :D

I'm simply amazed. And we are all incredibly blessed to witness the unbelievable amount of great Karma being portrayed in Snodyland. +1 for inspiring the future artists of tommorow and doing it with so much class and honor. People can say what they want about your marketing techniques but anyone who knows you knows what kind of person you are and the world would be a better place if more people had the work ethic and followed their dreams like Mike Snody! Big respect and I am so grateful for this level of inspiration, it's truly a demonstration that you can do anything you put your mind to by believing in yourself and honing your skills, Joseph Bowen is a great example, what an unbelievably talented knifemaker he has become. Sky is the Limit. :)

Last edited:
Nicely executed. Glad to see a symmetrical grind (at least as far as the cutting edge goes) rather than a chisel.

These were made back in 2012, and are now deep deep in someone's expensive knife collection.

Back