New Tanto CF Begleiter!(Ki4458T3) (GAW test within)

yeah, but the holes of that might destroy the beautiful Carbon fibre scale...

That's always tricky. On the one hand, you want to make the knife friendly for left-handed people. On the other hand, I really like having an unbroken scale on that side. Regular screw holes are usually okay. Empty recesses or fill plates can look ugly to me.

Now that’s nice:D, as was already asked: what’s the blade length? As I get older 3.75” is about max on a folder, here hoping.;):)
The blade length is 3.54" XD pretty close to 3.75" but still in your range so it's good to go:D

That's always tricky. On the one hand, you want to make the knife friendly for left-handed people. On the other hand, I really like having an unbroken scale on that side. Regular screw holes are usually okay. Empty recesses or fill plates can look ugly to me.
Yes, that's the point... We've been struggling when deciding it. We did make some reversible pocket clip or left-handed friendly version, but they all sell bad. People hate the holes on it...

Cool. However I will respectively bow out of the GAW as I'm in Canada and you won't want to give a nice free knife to the pirates who man our border.

Yes, that's the point... We've been struggling when deciding it. We did make some reversible pocket clip or left-handed friendly version, but they all sell bad. People hate the holes on it...
As a lefty, I'll say this. Most of us don't want a reversible clip. We want an actual lefty knife. I know I'm not willing to spend more than $50 on a knife that was not made for me to use properly.

Kizer has been one of the better brands about making them. However, it has only been 3 models, and of the 3 only the Gemini is what I'd call EDC friendly, and yes it's a great knife.
That being said, Kizer still offers more lefty specific models than the your biggest competition, Spyderco(2) or ZT(none) WE(1), or Reate(zilch).
So thanks for that. All I'd like to see is maybe a single lefty model released every one to two years. Take the top selling model in that time period that isn't something silly (Megatherium? Really?!? Who carries those?) and do a limited lefty run.
I'd buy a lefty Feist, or Begleiter the day it is released.

As a lefty, I'll say this. Most of us don't want a reversible clip. We want an actual lefty knife. I know I'm not willing to spend more than $50 on a knife that was not made for me to use properly.

Kizer has been one of the better brands about making them. However, it has only been 3 models, and of the 3 only the Gemini is what I'd call EDC friendly, and yes it's a great knife.
That being said, Kizer still offers more lefty specific models than the your biggest competition, Spyderco(2) or ZT(none) WE(1), or Reate(zilch).
So thanks for that. All I'd like to see is maybe a single lefty model released every one to two years. Take the top selling model in that time period that isn't something silly (Megatherium? Really?!? Who carries those?) and do a limited lefty run.
I'd buy a lefty Feist, or Begleiter the day it is released.
Thank you for the detailed reply! Some of the lefty say that they don't want the lock change side, they just need a lefty clip. what do you think?

Cool. However I will respectively bow out of the GAW as I'm in Canada and you won't want to give a nice free knife to the pirates who man our border.
XD, sad that you won't join the GAW but you have the point.

Thank you for the detailed reply! Some of the lefty say that they don't want the lock change side, they just need a lefty clip. what do you think?

I just recently posted the following in a thread in GKD. I think it should explain my feelings on the subject.

This argument is getting frustrating. I've said it in another recent thread, and I'll say it again here.
In most cases, left handed people are far more capable with our right hands than most rightys are with their left. That's because we've lived our lives having to use crap that was designed to be used with our non dominant hand. To the point where for some it feels off when they actually get something made for lefty use.
When people chime in with "What's the big deal? Look!! I can do it with MY left hand and I'm a righty. All you need to do is... blah blah.." You are being dismissive, insulting and prejudiced.
It may be a small prejudice, but it's still prejudice.

For all you rightys who say it's no big deal. Go spend $500 on a brand new LEFTY Sebenza.
You aren't going to do it. Why? Because you are right handed and that wasn't made for you.

If and when Hinderer makes a lefty, I'll buy it the day it's available. Otherwise, I'll just keep taking my money elsewhere.
C'mon Rick!! Even Strider made a run of leftys a few years back.

Just picked up my second Sealion....now have an EDC & a backup. Also have a Kesmec that is a favorite. Always check Kizer's offerings prior to acquiring another knife!

Looks very nice! Having the CF version work as a liner lock keeps the knife looking nice and clean. Less thing to hang up on the pocket are nice.

Is the pivot keyed (like a D shape) to keep it from spinning on the side without a screw hole?

Looks very nice! Having the CF version work as a liner lock keeps the knife looking nice and clean. Less thing to hang up on the pocket are nice.

Is the pivot keyed (like a D shape) to keep it from spinning on the side without a screw hole?

While rarely listed or advertised, I've really come to appreciate:

- Captured pivots and easy screws
- T8 instead of T6 body screws
- Recessed screws for deep carry clips

The first one is the most important but getting all three really makes my day.

While rarely listed or advertised, I've really come to appreciate:

- Captured pivots and easy screws
- T8 instead of T6 body screws
- Recessed screws for deep carry clips

The first one is the most important but getting all three really makes my day.

Doesn't an easy screw make everyone's day?

I just recently posted the following in a thread in GKD. I think it should explain my feelings on the subject.
Thank you again, I will talk to our team and see if we can make a lefty run each year or something like that. But first, we need some data collections, your reply is very valuable thank you!

Back