New to Blade Forums. Have questions about selling/trading

I'm new here and am just wondering how to go about selling and trading here. I know I need to get a gold membership first but Im just wondering if people will be scared away because I dont have any feedback.

Welcome. If you have feedback on other sites it's always a good idea to provide a link or let the buyer know where to see it. Also provide clear pics and a good description mentioning any flaws in the item your selling. Accept PayPal as the buyer is pretty safe with this service if you didn't ship etc. To me that about sums it up.

Work your way over to the exchange..

Post good clear descriptions that are accurate. Post good pictures. Use good communication. Be timely.

You may have to ship your trades first until you establish yourself.

This is a great place and we all were new once.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Remember, everyone here started with NO feedback. You will probably be asked to ship your end first (in a trade). Buying is buying. Paypal Goods and Services covers the seller and buyer. Don't over think it. Communication is the key on this site. If you are selling take a lot of pics and list your item with good detail. NIB (new in box) isn't a knife that has been carried once or twice!

Some may shy away due to lack of feedback, but plenty won't. Welcome aboard and good luck.

If you post popular knives, along with an attractive price, and with good communication, you won't have any trouble getting started. After you have some positive feedback, it will be easier to get a higher price.

You have to start somewhere. I didn't notice any problem when I started. If you haven't already I suggest you read the rules, so you have no problem there. Also accept Std PP goods and services(may want to glance at the PP stickie thread in this forum-gives you an idea how some will feel about FF/gift).
Good luck on your sales

NO requests for Friends & Family for payment.
NO net to me requests.
Good description and clear pics.
When sold, pack well and ship quickly.
Be a gentleman and leave feedback.
Good communication is imperative!!
Good luck and welcome!
Joe

Welcome to BF - you will find a wealth of knowledge here. I haven't had any issues buying from or selling to new members. I may take a closer look at them including, researching them on another forum they mention. There are some here who prefer to buy/sell with members with an established history on BF, which is their prerogative. Good luck!

My thoughts are stay away from trading from the get go. Respectively request feedback for the knives you sell. Always good to sell first as it will build your character here. It's an easy transition if your an honest person which most are here on BF's. This is a great place to buy and sell... Flea bay is A joke to many of us as they eat profits like no other. Sorry just had to include this as it was my motivation to move onto this forum, as a result, I have experienced much more than my original thoughts

PS: Also will say one will have a much better relationship buying and selling here as this is truly a community of knife fanatics.... You will be happy here. TD

Welcome Etone!!!!
With buying, selling, trading there are always risks involved. Seems like trading is the highest risk on this forum.
On selling- give full disclosure on the item to sell, good pics, and be willing to bite your tongue if someone asks for a refund. Not everyone agrees to what's described, yes even with pics. Make sure you
package your items securely and take pics. Always provide a tracking number and a signature requirement, it helps protect the seller.
On buying- if you commit to buy something, then buy it. Don't ever use PP family/friends option even if it means you won't get the item.
On trading- Go look up the person you want to do a trade with. See where that person does most of his posting, you'll get the hang of who's a contributing member and who flips knives by
looking at their post areas. Feedback scores are a good indication, but don't solely rely on the feedback system.
Read,read,read the GB&U forum frequently, it's where you'll learn the true colors of people. The ignore feature is your friend.

Welcome to the forum!

As someone already said, we where all new here with zero posts and no transaction history at one point.

The best advice I can give you is that instead of jumping into the exchange head first, spend some time on the parts of the forum that interest you.

Get to know the place, give the place some time to get to know you, and it will make the transition into selling much easier...

Also, spend time on the exchange and in this section (GBU) and learn the right way to sell.

You will find that this forum (for the most part) is much more a community of knife lovers than simply a place where people come to sell stuff.

Awesome advice! Thank you everyone for being so nice. I am so done with Ebay and glad forums like these exist. Excited to join the club!

Everyone here started out with no feedback. Just be honest and have good communication and do like others have mentioned (PayPal goods, fast shipping, accurate description, etc) and you should be fine. I've had a lot of fun buying and selling on here and haven't had any problems.

Participate in the forum discussions, people feel more comfortable when a member is an active part of the community and not just here for the exchange

This is really helpful. I mostly lurk in here, but I've found a lot of great information. I usually feel like I don't have as much to contribute as many of the more informed members. This is a great community though. You all are great people to learn from.

Ditto, we all started out with no feedback. Be honest in you listings and descriptions , quick to answer questions, and you should be fine. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back