New to busse acronyms

propbuildervash

Gold Member
Hey guys and gals,

Been a long time lurker, I just picked up my first busse/swamprat. It is an satin INFI saber grind ratmandu (infidu? Sinfidu? Lol). I am absolutely in love.

I am looking to buy another busse. I looked over the website and realized that there are tons of models that are not listed and the for sale by individuals forum has many listed by thier acronym name.

Does anyone have a thread or a website that goes over the specs and model acronyms? I want to research INFI blades that are as thick as the Trough Raider or thicker so I can find my next busse. Also....what is a nuked blade? Just the rounding off of the sharp corners or is there more involved.

Help a guy out if you can.

What I know so far.
INFIDU = Ratmandu (INFI)
RMD = Ratmandu (sr-101)
FHFG =Full Height Flat Grind

Thank you for your kind responses.

That has been some great reading material. So, out of curiosity were any of these blades that were thicker than .25 a normal production model, or were they all super limited custom shop? I could order a trough raider, but I dont like sharpening blades with concave bellies, I tend to prefer flat or convex bellies. I plan on using my knives so no point tearing up a super limited collectors item.

That has been some great reading material. So, out of curiosity were any of these blades that were thicker than .25 a normal production model, or were they all super limited custom shop? I could order a trough raider, but I dont like sharpening blades with concave bellies, I tend to prefer flat or convex bellies. I plan on using my knives so no point tearing up a super limited collectors item.

There's a few offered in over.25" as standard offerings.

HOGB8 (Heavy Ordinance Grade Basic 8) for example.

I know I am limiting my options. I have a non-busse custom knife made in 52100 and its a solid knife. My problem is while the blade has never rusted but I did end up getting rust of the back of the grips where my hands touched it. I left it in my office for a couple months and it rusted while not being used. I know its my fault for not wiping it down after handling and it cleaned up fine with oil and steel wool, but for my next knife I will be using it outdoors and rough so I wanted to go with INFI as it has better rust resistance and is generally a very tough steel.

I love thick bladed knives, and the Mega RMD is a beautiful blade. I would jump all over a INFI Mega RMD or INFI Mega Ratweiler.

giphy.gif

I'm with the other guys about limiting yourself. There are people on here that prefer SR101 over INFI. You can always get coated SR101. If your not a fan of coating, you can always strip the blade, and then it's still coated around the handle and under the scales. I also totally understand that you want what you want. My first Busse was my grail knife in INFI, now that it is out of my system, I will have no problem picking up something in SR101. Good luck.

Welcome to the madness known as The Busse Knife Group!
Another couple "Regular offering Fatty's" were the Alpha Regulator in INFI and several NMFSH variants. If you want a fat ass sword you need a Gladius:
10500231265_2a0eaa4a11_b.jpg

Don't be afraid to try out SR-101. Its some really tough steel. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Happy hunting!!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Oh snap! Yeah.....if the custom shop ever opens again i'm gonna order a Long Gladius. Lord have mercy.

Thanks for all the replies. I'll check out some of the .25 bussekin as well.

Congats on the first Bussekin knife! just wanted to say welcome to the forums

and +1 for sr101, its verry good stuff

Back