New to forum and CPK

Been a loyal CPK customer for a few years now and have to say all the knives I’ve received have been top notch cutters. Now that Nathan’s work has received stellar reviews, his work is still obtainable, if there is a model your interested in put it out there with a want to buy tread, you’ll be surprised on how good people here on the forums are. Enjoy the ride, your in good company.

Last edited:
I do recall one complaint of somebody not happy with the angles of the edge grind - which is done by hand.

edited to add: I cannot attest to the veracity of their claim.

That person you mention lacked the info that Nathan leaves/left a bit more 'meat' towards the tip of the knife (I think it was a FK), therefore when you sharpen the edge at the same angle, gives the false impression that the knife was not sharpened at the same angle (wider edge grind towards the tip)... Not sure if it's really clear, haven't had my coffee yet... Bottom line, no :)

EtA: Welcome to the madness, W Wildcat2503

Cheers,
C.

Welcome!
When it comes to symmetry CPK is top notch. If, on the off chance, there was something wrong with a CPK purchase it would be remedied quickly (there won’t be anything wrong).
Carothers products are top tier!
What model are you after?
I want all the models haha. I had the edc or dek1 in mind, but I understand the dek1 is brand new and will wait on that. In the market for a smaller blade since already have a chopper and larger field knife. So probably edc or fk2.

Welcome aboard brother. This Friday will be a great time to try for a DEK1, UF, or whatever you’re interested in from the Blade Show inventory. I’m part of the Old Man Club myself, but I might actually have a shot this Friday because there will 20 slots open.:thumbsup::)

I think if you email Nathan he gives you your first knife free...kind of like a crack dealer.

PBoHt6.jpg

Hello all,

This is my first post on bladeforums. I am not big on social media or online boards but I have frequently visited here to learn as much as I can. I am a veteran who is more familiar with firearms but recently caught the knife bug. After hours of pouring over every thread and knife maker I know beyond a doubt I want to own a CPK if I am lucky. It seems they only sell here which is why I made this account. Also it seems you have to be quick on the draw. Do I need to put some time in or is it really just first come first serve? I really hope I can own one sooner than later and join what seems to be an amazing group of knife enthusiasts. Sorry for the long post. Hopefully I can contribute to this forum one day as well, thanks.

Welcome!

Back