New to forum.. old in age

This whole forum thing is new to so be gentile on me. ( not to gentile.. i’m 68 years old and a taxidermist so I can handle a little abuse) After realizing that buck started using a “more user friendly steel ..420 HC (yeah I know why I’m just figuring it out now is beyond me too) I am ready to come back to buck knives. I have gone to mora, dexter Russell and Havalon for working knives but nothing compares to the look, feel and made in America values of buck knives. So humor me please and let me join in! Thanks, Neal

Welcome! Great folks here. You'll enjoy yourself and learn a thing or two as well! Glad to have ya here!

Welcome to the Buck forum where in most probability you will get the incurable disease called "Buck Fever"....:D:D:D:D

I'll go for the "New to the Forum" thing - but "old in age" - not hardly :rolleyes:
There are plenty of us around here that have you easily beat - 68 ain't nothin' :eek:
Welcome
OG

Thanks for the “welcome” ....according to the grandkids I classified as a “fossil” looking forward to getting real amswaes to honest questions here. Thanks again.

Thanks for the “welcome” ....according to the grandkids I classified as a “fossil” looking forward to getting real amswaes to honest questions here. Thanks again.

No Problem...I have a question; What's an "amswaes"??:confused::confused::D Just kidding.....:D:D

Welcome. Really good group of people here. And alot of information to be had. Enjoy your time here.

To Sassafrassdog 3... I knew somebody would pick up on my spelling error... But Thank you for pointing it out. Now please excuse me while I go have a beer to hide my shame..I’m new here and already enjoying it! Keep it up.

To Sassafrassdog 3... I knew somebody would pick up on my spelling error... But Thank you for pointing it out. Now please excuse me while I go have a beer to hide my shame..I’m new here and already enjoying it! Keep it up.
Have a couple beers.:)

Howdy Neil, I sometimes have a beer to hide my shame too...and to hide joy, anger, indifference. I have two Mora's. They have nice steel too. Pete

Stuffer, welcome to the Buck Forum. Ask your questions as there are some really good collectors here who can answer them. Buck began to
phase in 420hc steel in 1992. DM

I wish I had kept up with things at that time. When I was a kid buck knives where the thing to have for hunting knives. Problem back then for kids was trying to sharpen them. The biggest problem was as kids we did’t know how to sharpen a knife in the first place and our fathers were not much help either. In the following years(many of them) I improved my sharpening techniques but was still convinced that buck knives were too hard to sharpen. Now with a little info. The world of buck knives is back in my life. I even bought the flagship 119 special which I love but am still trying to figure out what I will use it for. For right now I am happy just admiring it

Does the wife buy whole chicken, a brisket, roast, a watermelon, cantaloupe, whole catfish, ect.? All these can be cut up using a 119. DM

Welcome.
I love the 420hc Buck uses, it behaves a lot like a basic carbon steel when sharpening.
Easy to touch up on the bottom ring of a ceramic mug.

Welcome!!:D Have fun!! a GREAT group of folks hang out here!!;)
John

Welcome sir, and I'm fairly new myself. Love Buck knives.

Can someone please tell me what steel my circa 1985 112 is sporting? I assumed it was 420HC.

we're all gettin' old or older....:)

welcome, lookin' forward to your participation here, Sir.......

Welcome sir, and I'm fairly new myself. Love Buck knives.

Can someone please tell me what steel my circa 1985 112 is sporting? I assumed it was 420HC.
425m unless knife was sitting on shelf since 1981..then 440c. I assume you know it was made in 1985 as it has 2 dots on each side.

425m unless knife was sitting on shelf since 1981..then 440c. I assume you know it was made in 1985 as it has 2 dots on each side.

It says Buck 112 USA with one dot on left and two on right. Couldn’t find that in the dating diagram. Why no mention of dots?

Back