New to Gossman

First impressions:

I had to open it on the way to work so I didn't get to look it over as much as I wanted. It seemed a little handle heavy... Until I balance it on my index finger and it stays perfectly balance while driving. Darwin award waiting to happen I know. The grip feels amazing and the finish is beautiful. Not so fancy I want to lock in a safe but will be proud to use in the field. Taking it with me this weekend on my son's boy scouts campout near the Mexican border.

Now that sounds like a plan. But don't teach the Scouts the "playing with knives while driving" trick.

I'm glad you like the grip. To me, the grip is at least 50% of the knife. Scott is one of the few who really get that.

I’ve just caught the bug too. As I mentioned in Murman’s 2nd picture thread, I just got a couple of BBTs, (5.5” in A2 and 10” in S7) and last night I bought a Deer Creek in M4 off the exchange, as well as an 8” BBT in 4V directly from Scott’s website. This way I have plenty of options.;)

Here’s a shot of my A2 BBT. I found a filter that makes it look like a lightsaber. :D:D:D

pq8t7wG.jpg

rVlYyV6.jpg

Going off memory, I think I have

Two that I won at Gosstoberfest, one a 6" Tusker carried by a SEAL team in Afghanistan and this year an 8" blade BBT, the last of the old ones Scott made, again, won (there should be video of everyone laughing as I got up when the number was called then some jovial expletives I shall not share here when everyone found out I was, in fact, serious (I figured I should just get up before my eyes focused and I realized I was wrong). Both A2 and micarta.

I also have a small PSK Jr, a new one with A2 blade and micarta.

Polaris A2 with osage wood scales and a mini Polaris with 3V and micarta scales

Scott's last one off, a custom wide blade small 3.5" CPM154 Kephart

three Kepharts, 5"/4"/3", all A2 and cococbolo

Orion with 3V blade and natural micarta

UNK "fatty" edition 440C and micarta

Deer Creek (a tributary to Deer Creek runs through my parents property) A2 and natural micarta

A wharncliff fixed blade made by Scott that I have yet to share S35VN and brown micarta

Gossman trapper A2 micarta

Hudson Bay camp knife A2 and desert ironwood

I have a Kubo 2 in A2 on order.

I think that I have more? I know I've had more, and traded them, then had an epiphany that I should hold onto good blades rather than succumb to the trading bug.

I always thought it was a sickness, but if it is, it's infinitely more fun than drugs I'd imagine...

I always thought it was a sickness, but if it is, it's infinitely more fun than drugs I'd imagine...
Wow, what a collection!

Gosstoberfest sounds like a great time.

As for drugs vs. knives, at least with the knives you get to keep them, instead of smoking them, or putting them up your nose! At least, I wouldn’t recommend trying either of those things with a knife. :confused:

Back