New to Knives, New to Blade Forums, wanted to introduce myself

Here's my usual; Welcome to the forums. Prepare to open your mind and empty your wallet!

Custom's do not necessarily have to be exorbitantly priced to be any good.

But if I'm gonna pay big bucks, it's gonna be what I specifically want. There is one idea of an established design that I am saving for. But it will be my choice of materials, size and special engraving. That is the only way I will spend say more than $6-$700 on a knife.

FWIW, I've owned and sold many knives. But at $340 my Matt Bailey model 2 takes the cake. Incredible value and design. May have to pick up another, maybe a fixed blade this time.

Thank you. Great info .I have no experience with Matt Bailey. Did a few Google searches and couldn't find anything for sale but found some old sold posts, beautiful blade.

I think I'll avoid picking up anothan Lambert crossroads and go for a Liong Mah warrior 2 or Reate K2 next. ... Unless I find a deal on a CRK large sebenza for a deal first.

So added a few new ones to the collection, what am I missing?

From scanning the forum and reading up on the knife world so far I've got my eye on a Reate K2, Lionsteel TI Spine, Apurvis progeny, Olamic wayfarer, Holt Spectre, Hinderer XM-18 3.5" and a CRK Inkosi....

ixcgXh5l.jpg

85iJF1Ol.jpg

ILpweXbl.jpg

WdgUH8nl.jpg

G8j3RdEl.jpg

Drfjc1Kl.jpg

Still working on pictures and lighting but this is what I've got so far.... what would be your next blade?

I therm of collection...

Kershaw Blur
Benchmade 940 Osborne
Spydero Endura 4
Spyderco Delica
Ontario Rat series
Spyderco Tenacious
Benchmade Barrage
Spyderco Paramilitary series
Case trapper
Gerber Paraframe
CRKT Squid
Benchmade North Fork
Benchmade Crooked River
Spyderco Manix
CRKT Drifter
Kershaw Cryo

If you do not take a look at Fantoni Knives you are missing out.

Look at Fantoni HB02 & HB03 and Fantoni Hide.

I therm of collection...

Kershaw Blur
Benchmade 940 Osborne
Spydero Endura 4
Spyderco Delica
Ontario Rat series
Spyderco Tenacious
Benchmade Barrage
Spyderco Paramilitary series
Case trapper
Gerber Paraframe
CRKT Squid
Benchmade North Fork
Benchmade Crooked River
Spyderco Manix
CRKT Drifter
Kershaw Cryo

That's an impressive list, thank you.

I think after sleeping on it and much review I'm in the market for a gentlemen EDC. Since I don't have any Damascus blades I think that's on the shopping list as well. Perhaps a Damascus gentlemen's flipper would be the best of both worlds. I want something I can use but still looks good enough to be called s gentlemen's EDC. The ti spine kind of fits this category except it's not really a one handed knife. Any other gentlemen's EDC knifes out there?

Last edited:
If you're going into knife collection in a big way and ready to step up above folding knives, do not pay a visit to Busse part of the forum. Everyone that goes in there ends up becoming Busse fans for life.

P.s. You can't break their knives and if you do, 100% lifetime guarantee + a very impressed Jerry Busse.

Late to the party but welcome :thumbsup:
Your in good hands as we are the best enablers known to man kind :D

A few things come to mind.

It’s true that once you hit $700 or so, better fit and finish becomes harder to get, and exponentially more expensive.

If it’s just buying to use, and you view them from a practical perspective as just nice tools, then it might not make sense to spend a fortune on higher end customs.

If you are the type who views them as a sort of art, and appreciate precision, materials, extreme attention to detail etc. high end customs might be worth it to you.

If you’d like to see how mechanically impressive a flipper knife can be, I highly recommend any custom division Shirogorov. Very few custom knives can match them in my experience for mechanical perfection.

But one thing you should know, if you jump into the world of customs, you’ll soon realize, guns are bargains in comparison.

Since you know guns, a Glock for $499 will do most anything you need it to. A full custom 1911 will also do a good job. Is the 1911 worth 10x the price of the Glock? Only you can answer that.

Last edited:
Back