New to knives

I love the ka-bar usmc. I feel you should start with it and grow from there. They fit in the hand very nicely and it is a great blade design. Get one and use it often and then when you see how good of knife it is then start testing its limits on strength so you will know its limits. Do a little notching and battoning and learn the knife. Then grow from there.

Me myself am currently studying the ka-bar Tarok. I feel it may have some features that interest me on my search for the perfect knife.

Thanks for all the replies. I ended picked up a Cold Steel Master Hunter which I like alot and found a Kabar UMSC for a good price as well. Does anyone know how to attach the Cold Steel sheath to a MOLLE backpack for hiking? I can use paracord but maybe there a better sheath?

Thanks for all the replies. I ended picked up a Cold Steel Master Hunter which I like alot and found a Kabar UMSC for a good price as well. Does anyone know how to attach the Cold Steel sheath to a MOLLE backpack for hiking? I can use paracord but maybe there a better sheath?
Look into MALICE clips. Also the Cold Steel C-Clips size large.

Spyderco Waterway...rust proof all around knife by design.
I am curious about the Waterway, I have heard that the steel is pretty easy to sharpen but good with an edge. I wonder how it would do as a hiking knife? I don't bushcraft but having a rustproof knife that I don't have to worry about would be nice for hiking/camping.

Schrade SCHF55 coated 1095. It's simple enough to sharpen and is reasonably heat treated well and you can beat on that knife for a while.

Back