1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

New to me 4.7!

Discussion in 'Survive! Knives' started by Silver Needle, Aug 25, 2017.

1. Pàdruig

Pàdruig Live and Let Die Platinum Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Apologies for the late response, I was away on a hunting trip over the weekend. Thank you for posting the review links, I will be perusing through them throughout the day. And yes! A brighter future indeed and always more knives!

A very generous offer, my friend, I would be very happy to take you up on it whenever you have a mind to be separated for a short duration.

You and your wife would have a glorious time over here, the mountains are amazing!

[​IMG]

2. 91bravo

91bravo Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 29, 2008
    I'm glad that sno cone ain't yellow.... ha ha!

3. Pàdruig

Dec 1, 2016
    That would be most unfortunate... :D

4. Silver Needle

Silver Needle

Jul 14, 2014
    Gave this baby a makeover today! I found a super cool dude in the forum who was interested in trading my black canvas micarta for his orange G10. @91bravo you're off the hook..... for now ;)

The person I traded with told me right from the start that these were not microtextured. I would have preferred texturing because I really think that is my all time favorite handle material and finishing, but the upside is getting to see what the untextured is like. This stuff is smooth, but since I won't be using it to process game in the rain, I think it will work for me. In another post I'll share the thoughts of a particular beckerhead and his thoughts and experience with smooth handles.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Note the first leaves of fall here in the midwest.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm really happy to have more G10 and glad to have some high vis orange!

Lastly, Imgur is being unresponsive again. It does that for me every so often. Despite what I saw about Photobucket no longer working for free, that's what I used for these pics. Let me know if they're not working.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
  5. 91bravo

Jun 29, 2008
    I see no pics brother, sorry! Do the orange g10 handles have the micro texturing to them?

MarriedTheMedic likes this.
  6. chiral.grolim

chiral.grolim Universal Kydex Sheath Extension Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 2, 2008
    I see them!

7. chiral.grolim

chiral.grolim Universal Kydex Sheath Extension Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 2, 2008
    Nope.

8. 91bravo

Jun 29, 2008
    I see the pics now! Yeah they look smooth, but they look good. Good and smooth!

9. Pàdruig

Dec 1, 2016
    Yikes, you don't mess around with your reviews. Just finished slogging through them, very thorough, well written, and well presented. Thank you for the sharing the links and putting in the efforts, I really appreciate it. It was a great way for me to familiarize myself better with Survive!'s blades and designs.

chiral.grolim likes this.
  10. 91bravo

Jun 29, 2008
    When I send you my 4.7, please don't baton or stab through any metal! :D

MarriedTheMedic and Pàdruig like this.
  11. 91bravo

Jun 29, 2008
    You can baton, whittle, carve wood all day long with it!

12. Pàdruig

Dec 1, 2016
    Ha! I try to avoid in engaging in such activities. I leave that to the YouTubers :D

13. chiral.grolim

Dec 2, 2008
    I did warn you that they could be rather long and included abuse ;) And they are all just one user's opinion for the most part, and most deal with older models... I did go back through to re-embed some of the videos since the BF format-switch messed some of those up, sorry about that. Anyway, thanks for reading and watching :thumbsup: