New to the Becker forum

I always prefer etched over stamped for a tool I’ll chop or baton with. Just seems to me that the stamp could have stressed the metal and caused a vulnerable point.

I always prefer etched over stamped for a tool I’ll chop or baton with. Just seems to me that the stamp could have stressed the metal and caused a vulnerable point.
You know, I was wondering about that. Any known issues with stamped Beckers over etched?

there were a handful of breaks along the B or T over the years and etching solved that problem.
it also saves them having to replace the stamping die a couple of times a year.

I got into beckers about a year and a half ago started with a bk-2 and an okc 18in machete which lead to a couple bk-16s which are unbelieveable words cannot describe! Also got into benchmade folders which led me to BF. Then around the holidays I found out about the bk-62 and this particular beckerhead forum (as well as being introduced to Horace Kephart)...Fantastic...you guys are great. To sum it up, I have a bk62 enroute and I realized that I was a beckerhead before I even knew what it was called.

Lately, Ive acumulated enough folders that im back to fixed blades and recently was also looking at the 9 vs junglas, or figuring that maybe my 18in okc machete and a 2&16 would cover it?

I generally camp for about 8 day stretches in N.Ga around 3x per year...the rest of the time, well Im just waiting for the next trip. Cant believe ive just now discovered Kephart. Thanks Ethan and BF!

Welcome to the Gang!

Im pretty sure my gf thinks I have issues:D. I was getting ready for work and was fondling my bk16 and staring at the edge and the knicks that I sharpened out but can still barely tell where they were. So, shes looking at me a little weird, and I tell her you know its like I can hear the stream and smell the trees everytime I pick this knife up, it takes me there. Lol, not sure if she will be there when I get home:D.
Having said that, I finally pulled the trigger on a 9 and 17, shhh dont tell!

"Your thoroughbred camper likes not the attentions of a landlord, nor will he suffer himself to be rooted to the soil by cares of ownership or lease. It is not possession of the land, but of the landscape, that enjoys; and as for that, all the wild parts of the earth are his, by a title that carries with it no obligation but that he shall not desecrate nor lay them waste."

H. Kephart

Now this gives me goosebumps everytime I read it!

Back