New to Throwing Knives - Suggestions?

Hey guys, I am looking to get some throwing knives. There are tons of cheap knives on ebay and amazon and other places which I usually frown upon when it comes to buying knives.
What do you guys recommend for a beginner who doesn't want to wreck the experience with cheap chinese made manufacturing?

What is a good brand for a beginner in the knife throwing world?

Thanks for the recommendations!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'm no expert but I enjoy my Cold Steel Sure flight. I only occasionally go out and have fun and love the sound when it actually sticks. Are you looking to learn no- spin or the spinning method?

I'm no expert but I enjoy my Cold Steel Sure flight. I only occasionally go out and have fun and love the sound when it actually sticks. Are you looking to learn no- spin or the spinning method?
I am trying to learn the no spin method. What method do you use and what blade length to weight ratio would do you think would be best?

I am trying to learn the no spin method. What method do you use and what blade length to weight ratio would do you think would be best?
I go between the two I am a very casual knife thrower. I try spin get annoyed with my lack of success then do no spin due to having better luck. I'm not the guy on BF to answer questions. It sounds like I barley know more than you do. I can throw a Tomahawk fairly accurately using the spin method. I may not look sexy doing it but I hit my mark fairly often.

I go between the two I am a very casual knife thrower. I try spin get annoyed with my lack of success then do no spin due to having better luck. I'm not the guy on BF to answer questions. It sounds like I barley know more than you do. I can throw a Tomahawk fairly accurately using the spin method. I may not look sexy doing it but I hit my mark fairly often.
Spin is definitely harder in my opinion as well... it looks way cooler to be able to spin them though. Tomahawks are fun to throw too and I can get them to stick at least 60% of the time lol. I just like to throw shit... no method to the madness haha

I will look into that Sure Flight you use though! Thanks!

I use a bunch of Cold Steel Sure Balance and Perfect Balance throwers. They go on sale for ten bucks a pop at my local sporting goods store, so I usually pick one up whenever I see that. It really helps having a big handful to learn on, because you can keep the same body position longer without having to recover your throws. A quick blast of Blaze Orange spray paint is also useful to recover them when a bad throw sends one bouncing. It is amazing how easily they hide.

I use a bunch of Cold Steel Sure Balance and Perfect Balance throwers. They go on sale for ten bucks a pop at my local sporting goods store, so I usually pick one up whenever I see that. It really helps having a big handful to learn on, because you can keep the same body position longer without having to recover your throws. A quick blast of Blaze Orange spray paint is also useful to recover them when a bad throw sends one bouncing. It is amazing how easily they hide.
I definitely need more than 1 throwing knife lol... I am trying to find a set of at least 3 and will probably end up buying 2 of them... the only downside is in my opinion that the sets of throwing knives are lower quality than buying the single ones. I will look into those Cold Steel ones you mentioned. Hopefully I can find a good deal! And the orange spray paint is a great idea. Didn't even think of that!

Hey guys, I am looking to get some throwing knives. There are tons of cheap knives on ebay and amazon and other places which I usually frown upon when it comes to buying knives.
What do you guys recommend for a beginner who doesn't want to wreck the experience with cheap chinese made manufacturing?

What is a good brand for a beginner in the knife throwing world?

Thanks for the recommendations!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
HBForge.com
http://www.hbforge.com/throwing-knives
Any one can throw these. I've watched lines of 10 year olds wait their turn to throw these and stick them over and over, throwing them at cards.

Back