New Toy

To cheer myself up over a lost/stolen knife I treated myself to a new toy. I was offered such a good deal that I took home an MPC, my first Extrema Ratio.

I don't think I need to wax eloquent about how gorilla strong or cool it is on this forum. I like it and I've even almost forgiven it for almost spraining my wrist the first time I flipped it open, poor technique on my part I can get it right now, so I'll stop and use the thumb stud which I prefer.

As I didn't get any instructions with it I have a couple of questions:

1) What does MPC stand for

2) Mine is serial number 0498, how many have a lower number on the forum?

Not clear from my post but I am actually in Italy. No instructions here either! These would have been nice for information and pr blurb more than necessity. Thanks for the response. If I can be of any help with translation with Italian please feel free to contact me.

I wonder what MPC stands for in Italian! :D

I've been taping up new cartons and cutting up old ones, with my Nemesis. Works well, but I have to remember to be careful not to drop it because the weight will ... ouch! (I set it down on a carton flap and sure enough it dropped right in.)

As heavy as it is, I'm trying to be less clumsy than usual when I open it. So I thumb it half open, and then open it the rest of the way.

Originally posted by Esav Benyamin
I wonder what MPC stands for in Italian! :D

I believe it is derived from the comment of the machinist assigned to build the prototype when he first read the specs:

"Ma Porco Cane!":D

0462 is my magic number.:) I can't remember what my old one was...
MPC... My Perfect Combat folder...:D

Back