New website advice needed.

JTknives

Blade Heat Treating www.jarodtodd.com
So as a lot of you know we have been working on our website for a good long time. We always seem to run into road blocks with our provider on features we need that thy don’t provide or if thy do I have to pay extra to have them program it custom for me. We have tried to make our website simple and offer the options we believe you want. But the road blocks have forced us to spend countless hours manually entering price data for material that it should calculate its self with a simple input of blade length and width. But no we have to manually tell it what each square inch of material is priced at and then require you to calculate your total square inches and select that number from a drop down. So long story short we have greatly exceeded what thy can provide. We are switching over to a much nicer provider that will be able to do anything we want.

the reason I’m here is to ask you guys that have used our site what you would like to see done differently or changed. We are ditching the website with an added store and going with an e-commerce based store. This should simplify things and place them front and center for easy access.

so I’m looking for ideas from my loyal customers to help me make it easier for you to get what you want.

thanks guys - JT

The big thing for me is selecting what I'm looking for, then just being sent to a page with a link for "store." Why not just send your customers directly to the store when they select what they are looking for? Always seems clunky to me, and thus irritating.

By the way, those Nitro-V blanks you heat treated for me last month turned out great!

Hey Jared, ive been running my website which is designed for orders for about 4 years, if you want to call sometime and talk about it, you should have my number. I have a few ideas for you.

The big thing for me is selecting what I'm looking for, then just being sent to a page with a link for "store." Why not just send your customers directly to the store when they select what they are looking for? Always seems clunky to me, and thus irritating.

By the way, those Nitro-V blanks you heat treated for me last month turned out great!

yeah that is a big beef we have with the set up. Problem is we did not really know what we where getting when we paid for the service. We ended up having a web provider and thy had us pay for a second company’s service for the store. So we ended up with this 2 part “thing” that deals clunky. This is all going away with the new provider. We will strictly be an e-commerce store that should have things laid out much nicer.

we use to have comments enabled of blade each heat treat you added to the cart. We had to turn it off as we where getting weird requests in that spot. There is a comment section during checkout. We will look at bringing individual blade comments back.

WooCommerce and Shopify are all in one e commerce platforms. I have a woocommerce one with square for the merchant account and have no complaints.

I'm not 100% if you even need a seperate merchant vendor for shopify, however.

WooCommerce and Shopify are all in one e commerce platforms. I have a woocommerce one with square for the merchant account and have no complaints.

I'm not 100% if you even need a seperate merchant vendor for shopify, however.
that's who we are moving to (shopify) thy have plans ranging from about $30-$2000 a month so we have lots of options. plus thy allow us to run custom code so we can do what we want. we where using wix and i am not very happy with what thy provide.

Back