New Website is Here

Hey team, our new site is up and running at SurviveKnives.com! We haven't made the big announcement yet though. I was hoping you guys will have some time to check it out and let me know what you think so far.

We have a meeting this morning and then we will work on getting some more product pages and pictures up. Newsletter will go out tonight or tomorrow morning with some Q&A, so help me out with the Qs!

Your previous customer accounts were transferred over, but I don't know your passwords so you will have to go through the "forgot my password" link.

Thanks!

Looks good so far, missing a bunch of pics of knives (for sale) but you said you'd be adding more product so it's covered. One thing that was pretty cool on the original site was the Instagram pictures tagged with #SurviveKnives, will that be featured on the new site too?

Checkout and everything seems pretty nice, I noticed some padding issues with the product pages in terms of video, and a couple small things, but can shoot over an email. Curious how you guys like bigcommerce after some weeks of use. Welcome to 2015!

Looks nice. The slideshow on the main page could be about half the size. It takes forever to load and then takes up my whole screen.

The bigger concern is: Did you sell out of 4.1 seconds?

CONGRATULATIONS, you two. It must be such a good feeling to have the new site up and running. It's really nice to see things falling into place with the big cross - country move and the website. Now tell Guy to get off the computer and back on the grinder =)

I'll write again if I come up with anything helpful to say.
EDIT: I'm looking at the new site on my phone. The design looks clean, I like the fonts and all the white backgrounds. It is easy to navigate. I really like how you can see pictures of handle scales and handle screws when you select them.

I'm anxious for more knives to be put up! And thanks for giving us the first notice on the new site!

Last edited:
Congrats it looks great!

Looking forward to the 4.1 Scandi and some more 7/7s!

I do have a question. What are the odds of Survive Knives being at Bladeshow 2015?
Not sure if thats in the plans yet for you guys or not I'm sure your still really busy settling in.
BUT if you are there I'm looking forward to raiding the table:D

Survive! Knives team,Congratulations,and keep up the good work.

Last edited:
Still a work in process, but so far it looks good. The home page pics seem a little big, but at the same time you can see a lot of detail.

Looks good so far, missing a bunch of pics of knives (for sale) but you said you'd be adding more product so it's covered. One thing that was pretty cool on the original site was the Instagram pictures tagged with #SurviveKnives, will that be featured on the new site too?

Unfortunately, we are missing knives to sell until we get some laser engraving done. We were using someone local in Gettysburg so it has been taking some time to get that set up in the new location. I have been getting some product pages up today and should have the last pages done tonight.

We love the #SurviveKnives and will definitely have that feature again, somehow. The last one was was something I sort of rigged together using a 3rd party website, which I could do again. But we've been seeing some that are more streamlined and they work directly with Instagram. They are a lot nicer and we are planning to get that implemented on this site, but I'm definitely not that savvy so it will be hired out.

B34NS

Checkout and everything seems pretty nice, I noticed some padding issues with the product pages in terms of video, and a couple small things, but can shoot over an email. Curious how you guys like bigcommerce after some weeks of use. Welcome to 2015!

Yes, we noticed the video issues. I'm going to have to look up some coding, I believe we can get those videos to be constrained to a specific size...if I can find it. Again, my tech skills might not be up to snuff.

Bigcommerce has been pretty good. It is the only place we found that can handle our inventory tracking needs, besides getting a fully custom built site. The help has always been great and they really seem like they are stepping up to the plate, especially now that MagentoGo is closing.

45cal4life

Still a work in process, but so far it looks good. The home page pics seem a little big, but at the same time you can see a lot of detail.

ElConquistador

Looks nice. The slideshow on the main page could be about half the size. It takes forever to load and then takes up my whole screen.

The bigger concern is: Did you sell out of 4.1 seconds?

Guy loves those big pictures but yes, the files need to be downsized. We noticed the delay but we also have a much slower internet connection now so we weren't sure if it was just us. Thanks for mentioning it.

Yes and no on the Factory 2nds. We sold out of what we had but there are more waiting to be engraved. I'm expecting those to be back late Jan, maybe early Feb.

Silver Needle

CONGRATULATIONS, you two. It must be such a good feeling to have the new site up and running. It's really nice to see things falling into place with the big cross - country move and the website. Now tell Guy to get off the computer and back on the grinder =)

I'll write again if I come up with anything helpful to say.
EDIT: I'm looking at the new site on my phone. The design looks clean, I like the fonts and all the white backgrounds. It is easy to navigate. I really like how you can see pictures of handle scales and handle screws when you select them.

I'm anxious for more knives to be put up! And thanks for giving us the first notice on the new site!

Thank you! We are looking forward to having some of these big "projects" done so we can get back to organizing production schedules, catching up on emails, and other actual production.

The pictures for each selection are awesome! We were really excited when we found that feature on this new site. We will be getting more photos done for the sheaths and other options.

Zymologist

Congrats it looks great!

Looking forward to the 4.1 Scandi and some more 7/7s!

I do have a question. What are the odds of Survive Knives being at Bladeshow 2015?
Not sure if thats in the plans yet for you guys or not I'm sure your still really busy settling in.
BUT if you are there I'm looking forward to raiding the table

It's hard to say. In the past we haven't had enough product to have a booth there. But I'm hoping this year we will have so much product available that we won't have time. We will let everyone know when we have come to a decision.

Ellie, I've been waiting patiently for what seems eons, can you narrow down an ETA for black canvas micarta slabs for the 4.1?

Last edited:
Ellie, I've been waiting patiently for what seems eons, can you narrow down an ETA for black canvas micarta slabs for the 4.1?

I know, I'm sorry. We have a plan that will help us to get things moving a bit quicker, stand by for more information on that.

Hey team, what do you think of the new instagram photo feed? surviveknives.com

Also, the colors and cleaner product pages and whatnot.

I was looking at the site on my phone and the instagram feed was still the whole time and some of the pictures were duplicates. Is it supposed to move like a slide show?

The colors (red, gray) look great and make more contrast. The back ground and new buttons are nice and do look cleaner. The whatnot is also an improvement.

I was looking at the site on my phone and the instagram feed was still the whole time and some of the pictures were duplicates. Is it supposed to move like a slide show?

The colors (red, gray) look great and make more contrast. The back ground and new buttons are nice and do look cleaner. The whatnot is also an improvement.

It is just the 10 most recent uses of #surviveknives so the repeating photos are just happening from reposts or similar pictures of the same knives. As people use #surviveknives on their instagram photos it will change.

It is just the 10 most recent uses of #surviveknives so the repeating photos are just happening from reposts or similar pictures of the same knives. As people use #surviveknives on their instagram photos it will change.

Love that idea. I've got a lil outing planning for later this month, hopefully will get some good pics of my GSOs in action

The new website is looking much better. I have looked on my mobile as well as the home lap top. All seems to load correctly and quickly. I can't wait to run some orders though it....hint hint.

Back