New ZT?

At least spyderco comes up with innovative designs. The latest Kapara is a great example of a newly designed knife. Good God, when will ZT come up with something innovative?
What type of innovations are you looking for?

I kinda like it. classic emerson somewhat. not so much the price point though. I'll wait til the sales flop and i can get it at half price like the 0909, 0620, 0804 and numerous others......

Btw here’s the knife it is based on. The Viper knives were a very old Emerson design predating the cqc series. This ZT is based on the Viper Knives (Emerson) MV3. These designs predate the wave
Untitled-1.jpg
Now thats good looking. Why wasn’t this handle design followed more?

Y
Emerson viper style knife with yellow CF

Yeah, sorry, emojis weren't working for me. I knew it was an Emerson. I just had that quick first impression of the Spyder GB's (with thumb disc) for some reason. Because they chose to do the reveal through teaser glimpses, I had a few different models bouncing around in my head.

I’m kind of shocked what some companies are still charging for g10, steel liners and s30v.

Then again, look at the Spyderco Zoomer in 20CV for MSRP of $600!!! ($400 retail!) And the handle isn't even exposed full tang, with a nickel hilt.

I would only disagree in that ZT is offering these things as part of their (highly successful) mission to bring high end custom design to the masses without any lapse in quality, and in many cases even higher quality than the maker's own products. That in itself is pretty innovative. I am aware that Spyderco has done a lot of things that are considered innovative, however, I believe ZT has done a lot of things which were unheard of before they started doing it. Sure, Spyderco brings a lot of makers' designs to the market, however, it's always a Spyderco knife with some DNA from the maker thrown in. If you want an Emerson, a Hinderer, a Martin, a Les George, an etc. and don't want to pay custom prices, but DO expect top shelf materials, fit and finish?

You buy a ZT. If Spyderco was making that 0640, it'd be the same price as the ZT...but it'd be S30V, G10, and a Spyderhole. No thanks.

Based on the resemblance to the GB2, I'd say they already are!

Then again, look at the Spyderco Zoomer in 20CV for MSRP of $600!!! ($400 retail!) And the handle isn't even exposed full tang, with a nickel hilt.

Spyderco was one of the companies I was talking about.

Not a bash I actually love Spyderco. Probably bought more Spydercos than any other brand.

I wonder why the zoomer retails for more than the respect.

Not a bash I actually love Spyderco. Probably bought more Spydercos than any other brand.

I think it has to do w/ the one piece G10 handle.

I'm not usually a fan of ZT and Emerson but something about this is really drawing me in. It looks like a really clean design. Would be cool to see different colored cf. I'd be first in line for a black and red one with a 2 tone dlc blade

I know it would be counter productive considering there's a thumb disk but almost looks like it could be front flipped. Regardless I am surprised to say I actually like the looks of this knife.

I like Spydercos too and have abt six of them, and 15 more on my wish list that I work from to buy new knives.

To me, the Zoomer has an excellent looking blade. Spyderco hit it out of the park again as far as blade steel goes for the design of the blade. But at those prices I need to see just a little but more. I think they fear making a knife that competes with Bark River. I know that may be funny, but why no brass/nickel hilts and fully exposed tangs. A real honest to God bushcraft or fighting knife. SMH!

If you bring up any of this on the Spyderco Forums, the other posters just put you on mute. Terrible.

Back