Newbie collaboration knife?

Why stop at one knife. Look like lots of interest. Lets break up in teams and build multiply knives. i.e. teams for the Blade, handles, bolster, sheath and heat treat. Count me in.
Already done way, way, waaaaaaay back. Trying to locate the blades as the last person in the chain has not forwarded them to the person doing the heat treat. If you start with Post #1 you'll see the flow of event. May of 2006 I believe this started :D

Already done way, way, waaaaaaay back. Trying to locate the blades as the last person in the chain has not forwarded them to the person doing the heat treat. If you start with Post #1 you'll see the flow of event. May of 2006 I believe this started :D
2007 actually. Don't make me feel any worse:D

Sorry, was thinking 2 years and forgot it was already 2009 :D No worries, they'll get there...

The knife blades are with Jarod right now. I'll give him a phone call for an update. The hawk was being worked on and should be to the grinder soon. Mr. Hampton please email me your shipping address, in case I can't find it. scottickesknives@gmail.com

Last edited:
The knife blades are with Jarod right now. I'll give him a phone call for an update. The hawk was being worked on and should be to the grinder soon. Mr. Hampton please email me your shipping address, in case I can't find it. scottickesknives@gmail.com

I tried calling Jarod for an update, but got a different person than expected. Jarod, are you out there? Update please.

I PMd Scott but will say it here as well, I'm really sorry I have to back off of this project due to other pressing commitments. I hope that someone else is willing to take on the hawk initial grinding.

I PMd Scott but will say it here as well, I'm really sorry I have to back off of this project due to other pressing commitments. I hope that someone else is willing to take on the hawk initial grinding.

Bummer! Who will stop up now and be the project smart-ass?!?!?! Oh, wait, we have enough of those...

I hope everything is OK and it's nothing bad that's pulling you away from us.

Take care,

-d

Bummer! Who will stop up now and be the project smart-ass?!?!?! Oh, wait, we have enough of those...

I hope everything is OK and it's nothing bad that's pulling you away from us.

Take care,

-d

Awwww, you miss me already. :p It's all good, deker. I just don't want to be the cause of making this project go slow, knowmsayin :D

As you can see, we need a hawk grinder. I've never ground a hawk, so we need a volunteer. Anyone? Don't be shy!

Other than the 6 oz. ball peen I turned into a hawk, I'm clueless also.

I'm a newbie, can I play?

More importantly, can someone tell what's going on so I don't have to read the entire thread? I get dizzy when I have to do that. :(

I'm a newbie, can I play?

More importantly, can someone tell what's going on so I don't have to read the entire thread? I get dizzy when I have to do that. :(

In June of 2007 I started this thread. You can read the original post to get the meat of it. The goal was to make a knife for an injured vet from Iraq or Afghanistan. Well, once we got going, we had many design ideas. We settled on a drop point hunting knife, camp knife and hawk combination. We're going to make a presentation box and Certificate of Authenticity for it. We've had a few drop out for various reasons (loss of interest in making knives, family obligations, etc.), so we do have opportunities for others to join in. Currently we're looking for someone to grind the hawk. Later on, we'll have several tasks that aren't spoken for anymore. Many of us that were Newbies when this started are no longer newbies, which is pretty cool. Our skills have increased and the work on this project has been spectacular so far.

I'd actually suggest that you read through the entire thread. It's very interesting and you'll understand the reasons for the designs that we settled on. There are many photos of work in progress, so it's a nice thread. So far, everyone that has worked on this has done some of their best work.

If you want to join, just email me at scottickesknives@gmail.com with your full name, shipping address and phone number.

Scott,

If nobody else can do it, ship me the 'hawk. I can't guarantee a turn around a real short order (the next could of weeks are busy), but I'll get it done.

-d

Scott,

If nobody else can do it, ship me the 'hawk. I can't guarantee a turn around a real short order (the next could of weeks are busy), but I'll get it done.

-d

Email me your shipping information and phone number to scottickesknives@gmail.com please. Since you were the one that started this (made the steel), I've never gotten your contact information.

I've already sent out the email to have the hawk sent to Deker. However, you two are only about a 4 hour drive apart. Sounds like a good opportunity for a tag team effort.

Sam is supposed to be here for a hammer-in in March too :) We could work on it a bit at Kerry's.

-d

Back