Newbie collaboration knife?

OK fellas, I did read the thread. Looks like the hawk grindage is arranged, eh?

If there's anything else I can help with, holler!

P.S. Email sent, scott

JT - formerly known as GibsonFan

Last edited:
OK fellas, I did read the thread. Looks like the hawk grindage is arranged, eh?

If there's anything else I can help with, holler!

P.S. Email sent, scott

JT - formerly known as GibsonFan

Your email has been replied to. You're in the group. It might be a while before you get to put your hands on this, but we'll find something for you to do.

Woo hoo! I got in touch with Jared. He worked on the second knife a little this weekend and said he'd get it finished up and shipped out as quickly as he can. We now know where all three pieces are and that they're being worked on. Woo hoo! The project is back on track. Jared will be shipping the knives to Matt Doyle soon for heat treat! Woo hoo!

p.s.
Have I said "Woo hoo" yet?

Hello to all involved in this GREAT undertaking. FYI, it took me one hour and 38 minutes to read this entire thread, LOL. What fantastic work on a noble project. I saw that all positions were filled at one point and perhaps there are new oppertunties available to lend a hand with this effort. I, and many others I'm sure would be willing to get involved late in the game. Toward the begining I noticed that you were lacking in leatherwork volunteers and I'd be happy to make tooled sheaths, assist in design of the leather work, donate materials or whatever else left unspoken for. Here is a couple pics of my first two sheaths and everyone is invited to check out the photo album in my profile.

Attachments

• Christmas 2008 014.jpg
    Christmas 2008 014.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 51
Well, at least I am no longer the sole cause of the delay:D

Iwould love to put in my two cents, I can make nice damascus with 1095 15n20.

The damascus is already made. The knives and hawk are forged. We are at the grinding and heat treating stages. However, if you email your contact info (full name, shipping address and phone number) to scottickesknives@gmail.com, we might be able to use you in the finishing stages.

Word on the street is that you're the office scapegoat for this project... :rolleyes::D
Hey........It took me a long time, but I didn't screw up the blade. That has to count for something:D

And you did a beautiful job from what I can tell. Can't wait to see it in person when I do the guards :D

And you did a beautiful job from what I can tell. Can't wait to see it in person when I do the guards :D

After seeing your frame handled tutorial, I don't think that we could have selected a better person to do the guards on these!! Nice tutorial, my friend, very nice indeed!!

I agree, I read TekSec's tutorial as well, it's one of many excellent tutorials available here. I learned a few tips in there myself :)

Back