Newbie from WI saying hello.

Sweet ESEEs ! I love them.20191012_092911.jpg

I have been lurking here for awhile as my interest in knives has started to take over my collecting of 1/32 and 1/43 slot cars. The site is just amazing. So much information that can be overwhelming at times. Anyway, hello once again and I look forward to learning from the site. I would post a few pics of my very small collection of knives to date, but I must have to have a certain number of posts prior to doing so.

No snow yet. Sitting in my tree stand as I type. It’s a chilly one this morning. Wind is horrible.

I am really a fan of the fixed blades. My last purchase was the LT Wright bird knife. We will be heading out next weekend on a duck hunt and thought that was a good reason for the new knife.

Last edited:
Never got into fixed blades. I've had so many medical issues since I was 11 I've never been hunting or had much use for fixed. We went camping a lot growing up, but until I was 17 I'd never had anything more than an SAK and largish Case traditional.

I love seeing them though. I had a SOG seal pup many moons ago, and did see a lot of use, but mostly non-outdoors by my father. No idea what happened to it. It went camping and canoeing a few times. In my storage pod I have Becker BK5 sharpened by Jerry Fisk and somewhere around here a Spyderco Aqua Salt, fully serrated.

A5F7931C-1AAD-4018-A192-0333ED2DFE08.jpeg C1DE475C-31B3-46DE-9FCC-FB251A294F49.jpeg 02CB1649-C104-4E5D-AE10-7D597C0586A8.jpeg I thought I would share a few more I found that I had purchased and forgot about. A couple of tools and some folding. The Buck custom hasn’t arrived yet and I have one Bark River coming for another forum member. Oh yeah and another custom being finished up by forum member Matt McAlevy.

Attachments

• C92DCC26-E504-43F4-BECD-0A239A9371FE.jpeg
    C92DCC26-E504-43F4-BECD-0A239A9371FE.jpeg
    53 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Thanks very much for sharing!

I am a few towns west of Madison, WI. First snow should hit this week!

I guess I should have written that I was away for a long hiatus. Joined way back when I started buying the ESEE knives, but never really got involved in the forum. Hope to be able to be more active and expand the collection.

Back