Newbie Inquires for Ontario Info

At age 70 I'm very new to taking my lifelong interest in knives and related, and turning it into first an interest in military bayonets (and very limited within that vast sphere), which then has morphed to include knives. I have found myself interested in Ontario Knife Co.

Does anyone know of a site or other in which I can locate a historic list of their models, at least their production items?

Thanks in advance for any help!
John

You can try the Ontario Knife sub-forum here.
A lot of knowledgeable folks there, plus a couple factory reps, including, I believe, the company historian. :)

The Ontario sub forum is still here, but almost no life to it.

Welcome to bladeforums!

Hi John,
duckduckgo, which does not track, with word bank like: ontario, OKC, collectors, forums, clubs, Ontario Knife Company, collectable ontario knives (some year date like 1990, followed by string "Ontario Knife Company catalog"); you can substitute knife company name with specific model, etc.
Also use "internet wayback machine" once you get URL's, but that goes dark before Feb 93 if memory serves.
Also searching for picture of specific knife, and reading info has proven useful.
I've used Bing's look for picture by uploading picture in image search with good results (I reduced all pictures sizes b4 uploading).
Google's advanced search works differently then most website engines, and both Google n Bing's webpage translation add non-native language access for everyone. (if website uses google, they prominently show that with some kind of visual splash).
Wikis are useful for building info generally. (Hey, have some time, clean up errors or add knowledge / citations / pics / etc.)
Of course come back here with new info and search.
Hope this gets you started and welcome to BF.

Back