***NEWS ALERT*** Man caught "biting the heads off of Rattlesnakes!"

It has been reported that California knife maker Duane Dwyer is suspected of "biting the head off of a rattlesnake" while giving an interview with Guns&Ammo and Surefire for their Combat Tactics issue magazine. A distant relative of a reliable witness who was no where near the scene of the incident claims that the reporter feared for his life and that there was panic in the streets. Rumor also has it that Mr. Dwyer is actually the long lost illegitimate son of rock star Ozzy Osborne. Animal rights activists were outraged. The snake has not been interviewed for comments.

While $7.99 is a little steep to pay for a 163 page Surefire ad (see Guns@Ammo Handgun Annual Nov2002 presented by Surefire), I must say that the Strider guys did get some pretty good coverage. With the exception of the snake comment. Who's idea was that? At least the pics of the SF, Mod-10, and others were nice. Congrats!

Eric

Is that really in there?
Thats funny as ****!

Here i thought you were making up a story...

Yes, it does! I don't have the article in front of me, but they quoted Duane while he describes the reason for the cord wrapped handles. At the end of the quote it says something like "stated Duane while biting the head off of a rattlesnake."

When I get home I'll either copy the quote exactly or photo the article.

Eric

Here it is Mick. This is actually toward the end of the 1/2 page article on your knives.

The grip, perhaps the most recognizable feature of a Strider knife, is cord-wrapped with 550 parachute cord. "No other material is as impervious to rot, chemicals or abrasion. It's the only handle that is totally non-slippery with bloody hands. And, in a jam, you've got a few yards of 550 cord if you neet it," explains Dwyer, between biting the head off a rattlesnake.

Eric

Sure, and the photos of this and many other of my "Oz-like" endeavors will be in my upcoming autobiography ...
"I wish I was Mr. Marcinko"
No offense Mr. Dick, just funny stuff.
Redhook, first I've seen it. As much as I'd like to say I did it or said it, no can do. I did eat a live large wolf spider at a party once and to think I did that for no press at all!
Duane

Duane,

I hope you are feeling better! Josh told me the other day that you were down and out over the holidays.

I was kidding about the article. Just thought it was funny that they would write that. You and Mick must be the most humble men on the planet. You never read your own press. Remember BAKCA show? A little pat on the head and a "Job well done" never hurt anybody.

BTW, any progress on my D-9?

Stay well!
Eric

Back