News & Announcements: 940-1701 Going Gear Exclusive

Swap out the red studs for silver and VOILA it's good to go! Not bad $ for a nice knife.

Noice. Didn't even realize I needed a new 940 :eek:
I'll probably swap out thumbstuds but will give it a try as-is first. Well done BM & GG. :thumbsup:

Going Gear got a few more of the 940-1701 in stock for $240 shipped.

940-1701.jpg

Ordered one last night as soon as I got the email. Shipped out this morning. Hopefully it lands here by Friday. Super stoked! This'll be my first 20CV blade, but my third 940 - I have a the Cabela's exclusive and a 940-1 also, and love them both. I have a user 586-141 Gold Class that also has the red ctek inlays, but CF scales. I love it and the m390 is an amazing steel. But 940s get infinitely more pocket time, and it spends more time in the dresser drawer....

We have a large shipment coming in tomorrow, so I went ahead and put them up as available on the site. More are coming mid next week.

View media item 689So, just a little update. My 940-1701 came in the mail Thursday. First impressions, this thing is awesome. Fit and finish is really good - nicely centered, a little lock stick (to be expected on a brand new Axis Lock,) and the blade is seriously sharp; possibly the sharpest I've had on a factory-sharpened 940. This baby literally shreds printer paper, long or short side, effortlessly. I look forward to seeing how the steel holds up in terms of edge retention, as it is my understanding that the CPM-20CV is very similar to M390, which I wish I had on absolutely every knife I own... More updates to follow.

Robert

Last edited:
Nice Robert. Man I love this knife too. The C-Tek gorgeous. I am glad we are using it again.

Nice Robert. Man I love this knife too. The C-Tek gorgeous. I am glad we are using it again.

I'm a C-Tek fan as well. I just got the 940-1701, and have the 586-141 gold class, and the 710-141 gold class. I also have a couple Boker Scout knives with C-Tek. Not trying to collect everything with C-Tek, but really like the ones I have.

Back