NEWS ITEM

bertl

Gold Member
The current Outdoor Life Newsletter has an article called "46 Survival Skills". Tip #24 is the Bare Minimum Survival Bag and shows a Buck Vantage knife. I think that is necessary for Tip #30, "Amputate your own limb." The tip says, "If there is a chance you could be found, hold off on this procedure." I assume this is a procedure that is done without practice.

Bert

Funny....Not sure the Vantage is going to get thru the bone. Better add a SawBuck to the kit or substitute a Model 183 Portable Butcher Shop with saw for the Vantage. OH, and a quart of whisky for sterility and conscious sedation....

Funny....Not sure the Vantage is going to get thru the bone. Better add a SawBuck to the kit or substitute a Model 183 Portable Butcher Shop with saw for the Vantage. OH, and a quart of whisky for sterility and conscious sedation....

I always carry at least a quart of whisky, preferably single malt, for emergency situations. It was suggested that amputation be done at a joint. In Tip #24 they said the knife should be carbon steel and then showed the Vantage (??).

Bert

No worries I will have my" Viking Medical axe "with me. Any good Buck knife will trim up the ends.

Sounds worst than a yakuza finger tribute.
But I suppose a buck knife has to work better
than a pliertool knife blade...
Yup, alcohol would be a real help.
All said, a Very drastic life changing move
If one survives such an ordeal.

Last edited:
Back