News letter email. Right number of emails?

Hey Guys. Ive got a question for you all. I have a newsletter that I send out when I restock the website or when I have a sale going on. Its a great way for me to get fast business, as people like to snatch up the nice blocks or just see when new stuff goes up.

The thing is, I know it can be annoying to get a lot of emails. So what do you recommend?

Should I only send emails out for sales and large restocks?

Should I send emails whenever I add any blocks to the site?

As of now I average about one email per month. What do you consider an acceptable number to get?

Thanks for your input.

Ben Greenberg
Greenberg Woods

I get inventory updates from Alpha Knife supply all the time. I like getting emails concerning things I actually like.

Once a couple of weeks would be good, as long as you are not spamming their email constantly it probably would be fine.

Personally I think Your breaking the rules after said threads posted just lately! JMHO Evidently you didn't read the moderators response or you think it doesn't' respond to you

I get inventory updates from Alpha Knife supply all the time. I like getting emails concerning things I actually like.

Once a couple of weeks would be good, as long as you are not spamming their email constantly it probably would be fine.

I get that. Send an email as long as it has something to say.

Personally I think Your breaking the rules after said threads posted just lately! JMHO

Coop, I am not posting sales, prices, or any form of advertising.

As came up in that last thread, the ability to talk about the business side of knives as well as the buying and selling of material is the main privilege allowed by the dealer level membership.

If you feel I am breaking forum rules, you should contact a moderator about it. Stacy is the main moderator of the knife making threads.

Come on guys. Lets not get our hackles up.

By itself, the question was legitamate, but I agree Ben could have waited a bit before starting another thread about his business.

Ben, I am going to move this to Around The Grinder. That is the chit-chat site. Please try and limit your threads about your website, wood, and sales. Every post is an advertizement in a way. For the same reason some politicians will make temselves be in the news every day, putting yourself on page one is somewhat transparent.

Come on guys. Lets not get our hackles up.

By itself, the question was legitamate, but I agree Ben could have waited a bit before starting another thread about his business.

Ben, I am going to move this to Around The Grinder. That is the chit-chat site. Please try and limit your threads about your website, wood, and sales. Every post is an advertizement in a way. For the same reason some politicians will make temselves be in the news every day, putting yourself on page one is somewhat transparent.
Stacy, don’t you think referring to Ben acting like a politician is a bit strong?;)

Back