• Preorders are LIVE for the 2024 BladeForums Traditional Knife

Traditional Knife Information Thread - make sure you go in there and read up.

Requirements: Be a Gold or higher member or have been a member of the forums since 6/2023 with at least 100 posts in the Traditional Forum. Preorder is for people who live in the continental US only, international orders will be separate.

Delivery expected in Q4 2024, hopefully before the holidays.

User Name
    Serial number request

Newt Livesay "Bushi"

I just received my Bushi from Wicked Knives today in the mail. This is not a survival knife. It is not a utility knife. It is not a skinning knife....It is a Slash and Stab knife. The Bushi is a 4-7/8" chisel ground tanto designed for fighting. The grip is very comfortable and very secure in both a standard and a reverse grip. The blade is made from High Carbon 1095 tool steel that has a parkerized finish. The overall design is a based on a large Woo neck knife. The blade came from Newt with a very sharp edge, and being a chisel ground tanto, could probably pierce 1/4" boiler plate without any damage. The finish on the knife is not pretty, but since I bought it to fit in my glove compartment of my truck, along with some other tools, it does not really matter. I own a couple of other knives from Newt, and they all have the same build quality. These are no bull**** tools. I have a weird fascination with Newt's products and carry a Woo everyday. I have been disappointed in the day to day use of some other companies knives, but never with Newt's. Botton line. For $100 it is a very aggressive fighter that won't fail you when needed.

Newt is the man! As you can tell from many of my prior posts, I am a big Newt fan. I have five of his pieces, with one on order. The one on order is a semi-customized 82nd Airborne with an 8" blade. Yahoo!!! And with great the write-ups on his machete
models (RTAK,RCM), you can bet I'll soon e ordering one.

He is a good, honest man. And he makes good,reasonably-priced products that he stands behind 100%. What else do you want???

Perhaps i need to fish my mind out of the gutter but am I the only one who finds alot of pun in the knife models names.

Back