Next: Native 5!

Hey everyone... been learning from many of you for a long time, but just now joined the group. First question for you is about my next Spyderco, the Native 5 in g10.

1. I'd love to see a g-10 version with a black plain edge blade... anyone else? Is there a way to request future models?
2. Anybody not like this knife? All your reviews seem to be positive. The only one I've seen where the reviewer wasn't 100% head over heels was on YouTube with Gideon's Tactical.

Thanks!

The best edc ever.
The best knife design ever.
The best "Spyderco spirit " ever

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey everyone... been learning from many of you for a long time, but just now joined the group. First question for you is about my next Spyderco, the Native 5 in g10.

1. I'd love to see a g-10 version with a black plain edge blade... anyone else? Is there a way to request future models?
2. Anybody not like this knife? All your reviews seem to be positive. The only one I've seen where the reviewer wasn't 100% head over heels was on YouTube with Gideon's Tactical.

Thanks!

Its a bit heavy for my taste, given the size of the knife. I sold mine because of it. I much prefer the lightweight version. Otherwise, they're beautifully made and is about as close to a perfect all around edc as I've seen. Big enough and thick enough to take even a ridiculous beating, but still small enough to be unobtrusive. Great knife.

Is there any update for when this will be released? And from what I can tell it's only in FRN, right?

Yes, for now anyway, it'll only be offered in the best handle material available.

i have collected six natives,perfect all around pocket knife if you ask me!hardly even no your carrying the little guy.

Thanks for the replies. I picked up the g10 version and I'm excited to get it some pocket time! I also held the frn version and I was impressed at how solid it felt. I might have to also get the Maxamet version, because I love it so far.

Thanks for the replies. I picked up the g10 version and I'm excited to get it some pocket time! I also held the frn version and I was impressed at how solid it felt. I might have to also get the Maxamet version, because I love it so far.

I bought the G10 in S35VN and I pre-ordered the Maxamet. I've only had it, (S35VN version), about two weeks. It really is that good. I have many other knives. I have a brown PM2 in S35VN, as well as Hinderer XM-18 in both 3.0 and 3.5 inches. I have many more.

I'm very happy with the Native in G10. I like it better than my XM-18 Hinderer 3.0. The handling is better. The 3.5 inch XM-18 beats it hands down, but I am trying to get to a 3.0 inch EDC. I alternated carry of the PM2 and the XM-18 3.5 every day for the last year. This native is going to be my new EDC for now.

I did run both sides of the G10 across sandpaper, to tone it down. It was tearing up my jeans. I also put a Lynch deep carry pocket clip on it, to make it carry better. When the Native 5 FRN in Maxamet arrives, I'm going to try and swap the blades, if that is possible. We'll see. I'm not certain the geometry on the blade lock is the same. I think it will be, but I'll wait and see if it ever arrives.

I also put a Lynch deep carry pocket clip on it, to make it carry better. When the Native 5 FRN in Maxamet arrives, I'm going to try and swap the blades, if that is possible. We'll see. I'm not certain the geometry on the blade lock is the same. I think it will be, but I'll wait and see if it ever arrives.

Awesome! I was hoping the Lynch clip worked on the g10 version... I wasn't sure. I'm going to order one asap. Also, I'd be excited to find out if the Maxamet blade fits (I also think it will since I'd seen others swap frn blades to g10). Let me/us know! Thanks!

Back