Next Sale Date!

I am planning on having six more for you guys this Saturday March 31st at 7pm EST.

I was hoping to have them done by tomorrow but it ain’t happening.

I will have a few pictures for a sneak peek though!
Hey Chris,
We still on target for 7 Eastern tonight? And will there be a sneak peek? I'd take any pictures, it doesn't matter how crude they are. Well let me clarify that!! Pictures of the knives that are going to be up for sale next. :D

Thanks

Hey Chris,
We still on target for 7 Eastern tonight? And will there be a sneak peek? I'd take any pictures, it doesn't matter how crude they are. Well let me clarify that!! Pictures of the knives that are going to be up for sale next. :D

Thanks

Yes we are still on for 7pm. RRunning some errands, then I will head to the shop shortly take pictures and post up a preview

Sounds good to me!! Now we just need some teaser pictures to go along with it. :D

I think you'll have more eyes on the sale during a week day either during work hours or later in the evening. If it has to be a Saturday, I'll need you to avoid 4-10pm Eastern ;) We're always busy with dinner, church and kids' bed times in that chunk of time (Central time).

Sounds good to me!! Now we just need some teaser pictures to go along with it. :D

I think you'll have more eyes on the sale during a week day either during work hours or later in the evening. If it has to be a Saturday, I'll need you to avoid 4-10pm Eastern ;) We're always busy with dinner, church and kids' bed times in that chunk of time (Central time).

I have thought about the sales time and days alot, right know I have been working on building up a larger stock pile of materials and knives in progress to alleviate some of the lulls in sales, there will still be some but hopefuly not as often.

The time will most likely be later in the evening this allows me to take advantage of a full work day before posting a sales thread. I have noticed my level of concentration and intrest in making knives drops of for several hours after posting a sales thread.

I appreciate you pointing that out though! I am working towards getting a more consisntent and optimal eyes on time ironed out.

I will have preview pics to share later this weekend, I am placing pre-glueup grinds on about 31 knives. I have several Tempering, another couple dozen behind that ready for heat treat. And another couple of dozen behind that ready for sanding flats and texturing. Alot coming down the pipline soon!!

I have good news and I have not so good news.

I will start off with the not so good news...

I will not be hosting a sales thread this month. :eek::(:(

The Good news..

The 14 knives I am working on are coming along nicely, and will be finished up Mondayish. They will be headed to Olde Town Cutlery.. :D:D

I will explain why the sudden change, first let me apoligize for changing things up on you guy's and the last moment and more than once that I recall.
I simply over commited myself, AGAIN in a few areas. And Lee at Olde Town Cutlery has been waiting patiently for a batch from me, and as much as I want to sell these myself directly and watch them fly off the forum page. This is simply in my mind the right thing to do..

I have plenty of knives behind these in the works, so I plan on having a relativley steady supply for you guy's starting the first of the month.

I will not have a Table at Blade Show this year, I decided to take the Year off and concentrate on getting my shop running smoothly and enjoying the Blade Show experience from more of your guy's perspective.

I do plan on making a batch for Fiddleback Outpost for Blade Show, so I will have knives there I just will not be behind a table the whole show. ;):D

That leads me to my second part of my explanation will I will have to make a formal announcement later on explaining in more detail the reason for this descision.
I have secured a website domain, and am currently working on building a website with built in Store. I am also working with a graphic designer to get an official logo made up. The plan is to sometime probably after Blade Show convert sales to the website, as appose to here on Blade Forums. I will continue to post sales threads here in the meantime, but get ready its coming soon! Nothing else on the Forums will change just moving the sales to a different platform.

In the mean time check out what I have built so far!

https://ospreyknifeandtool.com/

I will elaborate in future detail on the later part of this post in a dedicated thread in a few days, in the meantime I need to get back to work and finish up these knives.

Mmmm, I guess that's ok. Lee and Melissa are good people. :D:thumbsup:

Website is cool. As I scrolled through the gallery knives, Willy's "To all the girls I've loved before" played in my head for some reason. ;)

Congrats Chris! Awesome direction, I'm excited to see where it goes. I'll be watching Olde Towne for sure, this batch is looking awesome so far.

Good luck on the website, I just recently built a website myself so I understand the process! It can be a lot of work.

Congratulations Chris on the new website. That's a big step toward presenting your work in a more controlled and professional manner. I like the idea of a storefront where you can post completed knives at your own pace and know that buyers will be checking there regularly to see what is available.

I wish you much success with this new direction. Given your strong work ethic and drive, I have no doubt that you will continue to grow and succeed producing knives that thrill you as much to make as the eventual buyer will experience upon receipt. Exciting times indeed!

Phil

Back