NFNO and NFBA Survival sheaths & a new pouch design

cpirtle

Leathercrafter
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Hey all, I don't post much of my work or as much as I want to in general unfortunately. Mainly because I am back logged and behind on orders. I figured I'd show the new pouch design I've released and some recently completed leather along with a shop update.

If you're reading this and have an order in with me rest assured it will be completed. Right now I am getting them out as fast as I can without cutting quality and as much as possible in the order they were placed. The good news is I have hired a shop hand to assist with some of the more rudimentary steps so that I can focus on the important stuff. Once she is up and running I should at least be able to double my output.

If you have an order in and are curious where you stand feel free to reach out to me to see where you are on the list.

As for the sheaths, these are for the NFNO and NFBA and have the following features:
  • 10 oz English Bridle with Kevlar thread
  • Pivoting keeper strap
  • Edge side fire steel loop
  • Spine side lashing loops large enough for carabiner's
  • Dual carry position belt loop
  • 1.5" x 5" modular accessory pouch
Thanks for looking!

1.jpg

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

Those are amazing!!!
Such great skill available to us Knife Knute!!
From you & the many others!!

As always Chad doesn’t disappoint. I have many Pirtle made sheaths for my collection, one I commissioned and several that came with purchased knives. They are the finest leather sheaths I’ve ever handled. Keep up the great work!

Yes very nice sheaths well done and Kevlar thread interesting. I like the steel grommets at all the corners as well. I've had a few just stitched at the throat sheaths with out grommets come apart at that certain part of the fixed blade sheaths. I guess the thread gets old and breaks, but yours looks reinforced nicely.

Last edited:
Chad's sheaths are kinda like big foot....pics...pics...but can never get my hands on one!
Great work brother :)

Thanks all!

Yes very nice sheaths well done and Kevlar thread interesting. I like the steel grommets at all the corners as well. I've had a few just stitched at the throat sheaths with out grommets come apart at that certain part of the fixed blade sheaths. I guess the thread gets old and breaks, but yours looks reinforced nicely.

Thanks! I don't use grommets at openings because I triple stitch each opening with a minimum of three thread spaces, then lock the ends with a knot that's pulled into the leather and the back side is melted & sealed so you can usually see visually if the thread is ever loosening. I've never had one reported coming loose.

What you are seeing are folder pivots and a trim washer in this case to mount the modular pouch. They are also used on the back side for the snap. I stopped using Chicago Screws about two years ago as folder pivots are much stronger and all stainless steel. They also use standard 6-32 screws that can be had in any length and replaced easily if one is lost. They are expensive (for me to buy) but vastly superior IMO.

ETA: Also worth mentioning, since my sheaths are all wet molded directly to the knife the threads are stressed a lot less.

You're killing me, smalls!

LOL.. you had me at "smalls" :D

You probably won't believe this but you will be in one of the next batches. I have a few knife maker orders I am behind on and am working on them, then yours will be in the ones after. email me to confirm the last list I have is still good :thumbsup:

You probably won't believe this but you will be in one of the next batches. I have a few knife maker orders I am behind on and am working on them, then yours will be in the ones after. email me to confirm the last list I have is still good :thumbsup:
No worries. I just saw an opportunity for a Sandlot reference so I jumped on it. :D

I'm patient and the wait will just make them that much better. :thumbsup::cool:

Hey all, I don't post much of my work or as much as I want to in general unfortunately. Mainly because I am back logged and behind on orders. I figured I'd show the new pouch design I've released and some recently completed leather along with a shop update.

If you're reading this and have an order in with me rest assured it will be completed. Right now I am getting them out as fast as I can without cutting quality and as much as possible in the order they were placed. The good news is I have hired a shop hand to assist with some of the more rudimentary steps so that I can focus on the important stuff. Once she is up and running I should at least be able to double my output.

If you have an order in and are curious where you stand feel free to reach out to me to see where you are on the list.

As for the sheaths, these are for the NFNO and NFBA and have the following features:
  • 10 oz English Bridle with Kevlar thread
  • Pivoting keeper strap
  • Edge side fire steel loop
  • Spine side lashing loops large enough for carabiner's
  • Dual carry position belt loop
  • 1.5" x 5" modular accessory pouch
Thanks for looking!

View attachment 1201611

View attachment 1201612

View attachment 1201613

View attachment 1201614

Killing it as usual buddy! :thumbsup: Those look BA! :cool:

Been on Chad's books for a while now and I've gotta say I have no doubt it's going to be worth the wait!!! He's been easily contactable and super responsive the entire time.

These pouch designs are killer cool -- Great looking work man

Thanks for making this post! I have been going back and forth about wether or not it would be bothersome to ask where I’m at on the list, and this post helped me out a ton on that front.
You do such amazing work and it’s always cool to see your new stuff!

Back