NFNO Nano handle question

shaving sharp

Gold Member
Can anyone tell me if the nano handle is too small for those of use with large hands. I really want a NFNO but the handle size has me concerned. Dimensions of a nano handle ( width and circumference) would help me greatly.

Thanks

Found that most modern Busse handles are plenty long enough. Size around handle? That may vary. Don’t have a Nano, but “plenty” of other Bussekin. Always long enough. Would sometimes prefer more girth. Hand size? Slightly larger than Regular. But not by much. Hope this helps. Good luck with other responses.

Has anyone received a wildly popular nano-handled anything yet?

Never mind, and it looks like they are getting good reviews! Just checked the NFSH thread.

They sure look great. I have one coming sometime in the near-ish Busse-future!

I'm curious how much use any of the nano fusion handles have to this point. I've been following the NFSH thread and I think the knives just started getting delivered last week and they were the first ones with the nano fusion handle, to the masses at least. I'm not sure if there were some handed out to testers and such, or at some of the knife shows.

I'm excited for the handle and have the steel heart on order but I haven't seen any of these get used yet. I'm intrigued to compare it to my thin cut ratweiler.

Hopefully I get the NFSH before the NFNO goes for sale because I won't commit to another one until I get to feel one of these while chopping some wood such.

As mentioned above, they look like there's plenty of length but I'm uncertain if there's enough girth there to fill a big hand doing hard tasks.

Looks like we all are wondering the same thing. I guess we will have to wait until the NFSH get delivered.

I consider the regular Fusion handles and how they're just a bit to large for my Medium hands-- not unusable-- but just not in the sweet spot for me personally. I'm betting the nano handles are gonna melt my butter, so I'm in on BIG user and maybe a CS Nuke for the safe.

the NF-FSH handle circumference is 4.25 inches at the center of the palm swell. :thumbsup:

I've got HUGE:eek:Clubs at the ends of my arms so the NANO might be a bit slender for my use...however who can resist a New Model Natural Outlaw...:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I don't have big hands but I've liked most everything very much - Some I've wondered how the big mitts could possibly like them without some spacer work.
Luckily I really kind of fell for this handle on the Heart and an opportunity came about to acquire one so I'm excited to feel this one for myself. I absolutely love the couple Fusion handles I have so my hopes are high for this one.
I like the feel of the larger rounded handles more than the few I have with flat sides and I could stand some liners on a couple myself so I can only imagine what it must be like for the bear paws ;)

So I just measured a CG fusion battle mistress with standard flat (non magnum) scales, and the over all circumference is basically the same as the nano fusion handle. 4.25 at the palm swell and 3.5 at the thin part above. The Nano Fusion is more contoured feels a little smaller but probably is the same amount of material over all. It is comfortable in my medium hands. Great handle and is a perfect example of why Jerry is so good.

As a reference point the middle of my NMFSH with Magnums is 4.75 (which is also comfortable to me) and Boss Jack with standard flats is 3.5.... Now I'm going to stop measuring the circumference of things

So I just measured a CG fusion battle mistress with standard flat (non magnum) scales, and the over all circumference is basically the same as the nano fusion handle. 4.25 at the palm swell and 3.5 at the thin part above. The Nano Fusion is more contoured feels a little smaller but probably is the same amount of material over all. It is comfortable in my medium hands. Great handle and is a perfect example of why Jerry is so good.

As a reference point the middle of my NMFSH with Magnums is 4.75 (which is also comfortable to me) and Boss Jack with standard flats is 3.5.... Now I'm going to stop measuring the circumference of things

Is the thickness of the steel of these two knives identical in your comparison?

As a female, I've found some of those Busse handles to be rather monstrous for my petite hands. I often wish knives like CGFBM or TGLB or whatever had smaller handles or rather more female-size friendly handles but that means I have to go to the custom shop instead of clicking it as an option in the Busse shop website.

Hopefully this new Nano handle will be what I've been looking for.

Question for you men: You guys been talking about "My hand is large" or "My hand is medium" or whatever. When is a hand considered "Large" vs "Medium"? What's the deciding factor?

Is the thickness of the steel of these two knives identical in your comparison?

Nah, the CGFBM blade is definitely .25 and the NF-FSH is definitely .21 ish, but the over all handle dimensions seem the same because the NF swells out and the my FBM handles are textured but flat. However, even though they are similar I'm pretty sure the Nano Fusion handle would be more comfortable for smaller hands. It's contoured like a magnum but smaller. Really impressive.

Question for you men: You guys been talking about "My hand is large" or "My hand is medium" or whatever. When is a hand considered "Large" vs "Medium"? What's the deciding factor?

I think it's what glove size you typically buy. I buy mostly medium gloves. occasionally large if that particular brand runs small etc. There are more scientific ways to measure, but I think that's what people are talking about.

Yep I go by glove size

My hands are between L and XL. but I always have to buy XL. I think the Nano handle will be OK. Here is the pic from the email. Looks Like about 3/4 size of regular handle.
busse handle.jpg

Back