NFNO Nano handle question

Hand size determination? Based on glove size, and there are websites - like everything else - that have measurement guidelines for hand sizes. Crazy.

I def want to try one of these new handles out. I wear a med/large glove and my hand doesn’t fill the entire grip. Closest I’ve found for my hand size is MBB, while my Keffeler was way too big which made it a little uncomfortable because of where the palm swell landed. So I def want to see how this one fits!

This is going on one of my plate carriers, will have to get it in hand to see if that will be my primary or backup

My hand are @ the lower end of medium.....I am afraid to know what they say about that,I guess ignorance is bliss

I have HUGE hands.....you know what they say about that ;)
I thought that it was big feet?

“You know what they say about men with big feet, don’t you?”
“No, what?”
“Big feet, big boots.”

Oh, and the nano fusion handle feels good in my not so big hands.
jwi5AQP.jpg

Last edited:
I'm wondering how this one will feel compared to the Bushwacker handle. Visually there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of difference between the handle of my BWM and my FSH but I really prefer the feel of the Bushwacker handle.

Thanks for all the input folks. Especially those who could provide the dimensions. I have been able to measure up a few of my knife handles and was able to determine the Nano handle will work for me. I am always worried that my finger tips will dig into my palm when I give a knife a firm grab. I think the 4.25 handle circumference will work. I will be in line with the rest of you tonight at 9pm for the NFNO.

As a female, I've found some of those Busse handles to be rather monstrous for my petite hands. I often wish knives like CGFBM or TGLB or whatever had smaller handles or rather more female-size friendly handles but that means I have to go to the custom shop instead of clicking it as an option in the Busse shop website.

Hopefully this new Nano handle will be what I've been looking for.

Question for you men: You guys been talking about "My hand is large" or "My hand is medium" or whatever. When is a hand considered "Large" vs "Medium"? What's the deciding factor?

I think you'll like it. I have large hands and I think this will be on the small side for chopping, good for slicing. It feels smaller than my LT Wright knives. It came in today so I don't have any use with it but the handle feels less wider but thicker than my ratweiler's handle. Very obvious palm swells. The girth at the middle feels good but at the forefinger and pinky's... I need to use it before deciding. I will add, I like the broomstick design of LT's bushcrafter handles so take that bias into consideration.

11rv6LCl.jpg

JYSJaPMl.jpg

COQicPEl.jpg

Even though I’m anxious to receive mine, and ordered a NFNO, I’ve got a sneaky feeling I’m not going to like the Nano-Fusion as much as I do the Fusion grips on my BGFSH and BGFBM. Those handles/grips are about as close to perfect as I’ve ever felt on a knife. But, no regrets ordering both the NF offerings. Still gonna love them and beat them mercifully, either way.

My hands are med/large; they have wide palms and short fingers. Typically I have to buy large gloves to fit my palm, and then have the fingers be too long. I don’t care for the original Fusion handle because it’s a bit large for me to feel comfortably in control. That being said, I’m looking forward to the NF handle because I think a scaled down Fusion handle might be perfect. I suppose I’ll find out in about “two weeks”.;)

Looking at Bikerector’s post the handle may be too small for my hand. Bummer! I guess I will see when the NFNO arrives.

I think you'll like it. I have large hands and I think this will be on the small side for chopping, good for slicing. It feels smaller than my LT Wright knives. It came in today so I don't have any use with it but the handle feels less wider but thicker than my ratweiler's handle. Very obvious palm swells. The girth at the middle feels good but at the forefinger and pinky's... I need to use it before deciding. I will add, I like the broomstick design of LT's bushcrafter handles so take that bias into consideration.

11rv6LCl.jpg

JYSJaPMl.jpg

COQicPEl.jpg

That was a very nice insight and image heavy which is a boom for me! Here, take a +like from me. Much appreciated.

I put more into the "perfect swamp rat" thread directly comparing it to my RW, which remains my fave busse or kin to this point.

Back