NIB Buck 119 1973-1981 Value

OK, one final narrowing of the date for me. Now I think our second canoeing trip, when I took that knife, was 1979. Definitely before I graduated from high school in 1980. One of the other scouts brought a cassette player on the trip, and he had only one tape - Jethro Tull's Bursting Out. Let's just say I heard that album more than once during the week. And I bought my own copy when we got home. I just checked and that album was released in September 1978, which means that the canoeing trip was during the summer of 1979. I guess there was a two year lapse between our first trip (1977, when Star Wars came out) and the second trip. I bought the knife before that second trip, so it would have been 1978 or 1979.

It was 1979. I called Linda from Long Lake when we passed through. I think that was the year I got a Buck 118, from a store in Horseheads, don't recall the name. A catalog/outlet type store.

Thanks for the input, guys. If anyone is interested in it, I just listed it in the classifieds.

Troy

Back