Nice transformation

Bottom Line

Gold Member
I've stripped a couple that turned out nice. This one was stripped already but still had some decarb on it. I cleaned it up and put a nice satin finish on it. It turned out pretty nice IMHO. I think this will be one of my all time favorite Busse's. What do you guys think.

Before
A6BcfXQ.png

After
MmZ73ip.jpg

Thanks to @Dennis in MA for selling it to me.

That looks really shiny and sharp. Great job. I've yet to try that on any of my blades. One of these days.

Very nice work !! Looks like a different knife now !

Really nice work there! She came out GORGEOUS!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Nothin' like nekkid INFI!!!! :D

Beautiful! Great job. I can imagine you are enjoying it after putting in that elbow grease. :thumbsup:

By the way, did you do something to the scales as well, or is it just lighting playing tricks?

Beautiful! Great job. I can imagine you are enjoying it after putting in that elbow grease. :thumbsup:

By the way, did you do something to the scales as well, or is it just lighting playing tricks?
I think it is the lighting more than anything but probably some oil from my hands also.

Edit: The "Before" pic was from the original selling thread, not from me, so I'm not sure how old it was. IIRC they appeared a little darker when I received it also.

Last edited:
I've stripped a couple that turned out nice. This one was stripped already but still had some decarb on it. I cleaned it up and put a nice satin finish on it. It turned out pretty nice IMHO. I think this will be one of my all time favorite Busse's. What do you guys think.
That looks very nice! :cool:
What process did you use to remove the decarb and to apply the satin finish? Thanks!

That looks very nice! :cool:
What process did you use to remove the decarb and to apply the satin finish? Thanks!
I have a cheap "big box store" 4" belt sander with a couple different "grit" Scotchbrite belts. Slow and easy being careful not to overheat. It would've been much easier, and a better end result, if I would've took the handle slabs off but I didn't want to open that whole can of worms, so I did the best I could.

Love a Fusion Steel Heart! What was the blade thickness on this one? And how was the edge? I got an original run FSH user with a horribly thick edge (may have been heavily sharpened?) It was all better after Ban Tang performed his magic.

Love a Fusion Steel Heart! What was the blade thickness on this one? And how was the edge? I got an original run FSH user with a horribly thick edge (may have been heavily sharpened?) It was all better after Ban Tang performed his magic.
I will have to measure but I think around .25. It is a little thick behind the edge but this one has been nicely convexed like a NMSFNO.

Like the others have said, that is an amazing looking knife! There's just something special about the FSH.

Back